The Trophy Room The Trophy Room: Guardian of Eternity [Archive] - HeroClix Realms

PDA

View Full Version : The Trophy Room The Trophy Room: Guardian of Eternity

ol_Dut
06/21/2007, 15:03
http://www.hcrealms.com/gallery/data/500/medium/TrialsOfShazamCv1.jpg

Ever get a new job that you thought you wanted and it ended up driving you nuts? Yeah, we’ve all been there. Heck, it even happens to superheroes. After the Wizard Shazam! got whacked by the Spectre, The Big Red Cheese took over for him and became the Guardian of Eternity and the whole thing sent him over the rainbow. So how does the new guy rank against Shazam!? Click “Read More” to find out!

ol_Dut
06/21/2007, 15:09
Here are the dials for your consideration.

#209 LE Guardian of Eternity
Team: Mystics
Range: 0 /
m-winga-normald-normalg-normal1011163810154671749101631081538111538915481014279133KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

#081 V Shazam
Team: JSA
Range: 3 /
AE Base: Mister Mind (White)m-winga-normald-normalg-normal8816110111751010165991648916481016371015389173881636815367153KOKOKOKO

Guardian of Eternity’s Gains vs. Veteran Shazam
The GoE starts off a little slow with only a click of Flurry added on the Speed track. Picking up speed a little, he adds one click of 11 attack and two clicks of Incapacitate to his list of offensive attributes. Defensively, Van GoE’s only real improvement is a click of Impervious, but as it comes with a 13 DV it’s of questionable merit. Rounding out his additions he’s got four clicks of Battle Fury, three clicks of Outwit, two clicks of Probability Control and a partridge in a pear tree. And then , of course, there’s the Mystic TA.

Guardian of Eternity’s Losses vs. Veteran Shazam
This is where things get a little more fast and furious. He drops an activation click, the three (3) range, a click of Hypersonic Speed, and two clicks of Plasticity. GoE also sheds three clicks of Super Strength and two clicks of Quake. Further, Combat Reflexes disappear, as does Exploit Weakness and those two spiffy clicks of five damage and that shot of Perlex. And since he picked up that Mystic TA, the Vet’s JSA TA has to fall by the wayside. Lastly, he drops one click of life.

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/or081.jpg
Pervert no more!

Neutral Dial Tinkering
GoE leads with Charge and then switches into HSS, while Shaz opens with HSS and flops into Charge. And defensively, The Big Red Cheese’s powers follow a typical pattern of Impervious to Invulnerable and so on, but GoE’s damage reducers are a thrown out in a crazy quilt patchwork that is neither normal or predicable.

Cards That Work
With Battle Fury, no range, a dial that doesn’t promote pushing, and damage too high for Nanobots, the best he can do is to grab Stunning Blow and hope for the best on clicks two and three. Protected wouldn’t hurt either as a way to hopefully keep him on one of his best clicks.

If ol_Dut had to Choose
Guardian of Eternity vs. Veteran Shazam? GoE has one crazy dial. It is rather reminiscent of the Legacy Joker where from one click to the next you never really know what you’re going to get. To a lesser extent, Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange are also cut from similarly chaotic cloth. The thing is, however, none of those figures, no matter how crazy or useful they may be, none of those figures is intended to front a team. The GoE, weighing in at a hefty 205 points has to be a team leader in all but the largest of games, and this is where he falls short. Looking at his dial, he should not be pushed off his first click as his Super Strength vanishes and his Impervious does as well. Incap appears as a poor substitute. By mid-dial, Hypersonic arrives and Super Strength comes with it. PC also comes along for the ride. When he sports that 10 attack he may not need the PC, but when he hits that eight (8) attack, he’ll not only need his own PC, but he better have a buddy with him that has PC as well. By click six, his attack rebounds to a healthy 11 but his Impervious defense dips down to an all too hitable 15, and a few clicks later, he’s down to a 13. In the overall scheme of things, it’s this erratic, haphazard fluttering, this toing and froing that is his undoing. With his best clicks spread out on clicks one, four, six and eight he is utterly unpushable, because where he gets stuck in between them he’s much less effective and an easy mark.

Vet Shazam solves many of these issues. First and foremost, he’s pushable. With three opening clicks of HSS and SS very little is sacrificed in pushing off of his first or even his second click. Admittedly he hits a strange mid-dial lull, but even those clicks have potential thanks to a pair of 10 attacks and the ability to do five (5) damage with CCE. He’s a stronger closer than Van GoE, too. With a huge ration of Charge, Super Strength and Exploit Weakness he’s going to seriously hurt whoever he hits. Defensively his values may not everything they need to be, but better numbers are only as far away as his closest JSA team mate. When a Shazam! is called for, the Veteran Shazam should get the call in most instances.

In parting, don’t forget that if a mystical Shazam is needed, there is always the Wizard Shazam! Here’s his dial.

LE Wizard Shazam
Team: Quintessense
Range: 10 /
m-normala-normald-normalg-normal71118461017361016310101651091649915398153971428713386124KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

For just one point more than the Guardian, the Wizard brings automatic pushability thanks to his TA and the benefits of a very predictable dial. Generous amounts of PC and Outwit benefit not only him but his team as well, and three closing clicks of Regeneration could work wonders for keeping him on the map longer than an opponent may want. All in all, he’s no more of a team leader than Van GoE is, but in larger games his mix of powers and straightforward dial will be more of a boon than the one-way ticket to Crazytown that is the Guardian’s dial.

Ol_Dut’s Quantum Pangalactic Fun-O-Meter!
They say that necessity is the mother of invention, an in this instance the Guardian of Eternity is necessity’s mother. GoE, to be honest, is not really in competition with Vet Shazam. Or the E or the Rookie. Or even really Wizard Shazam! He’s so radically different that he can really only be scrutinized all by his lonesome. Hence the need for Ol_Dut’s Quantum Pangalactic Fun-O-Meter! Let’s take a look at how GoE shakes out in the two arenas that matter most – tournaments and casual play.

Casual Play: This is where the GoE excels. He’s got a great number of useful powers and his madcap dial should keep you and your friends guessing as to what will happen to him if he gets hit for five or pushes. As long as he’s on the board, his dial will keep everyone guessing, and probably laughing, too. Team him up with the Wizard Shazam!, Zatana, and the Blue Devil for a real magical, mystical tour. Enchantress and Detective Chimp could be some hilarious tagalongs as well.
Rating::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - a perfect 10 out of 10!

Tournament Play: Remember everything you just read? Well it’s his unpredictability and high level of funocity that makes him a questionable choice for tournament play because his rampant instability makes it difficult to build a reliable strategy. Granted, he’s got a couple of sweet clicks spread throughout his dial, and if he lands on them, watch out! He’ll be handing out beatings faster than a politician can kiss babies. But since you can’t count on hitting those clicks, caution should be used when operating the Guardian of Eternity.
Rating::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - 5 out of 10

Quick and Dirty Price Tag
Madness has a price, and in this case it’s right around $15. That’s the same cost for crazy as a bottle of decent tequila, but without the hangover or the risk of Imperial entanglements. And he won’t ruin your map if you accidently tip him over.

Next week? It is the end of everything as we go from madness into the fifth ring of HeroClix hell. Join me, your guide, gentle reader, as we journey through the 20 most heinous, devilish and demented LE’s ever to be released on the gaming community. Who’ll win the ignominious title of being #1? Place your bets now.

anonym0use
06/21/2007, 15:17
Erm... better edit in VEt Shazam's dial there Dut...

I also have to say.... $15 bucks?

I've been seriously disapointed in the LEs from Origin. Animal Master was a fun concept that tanked when translated to a clix dial (had he been 20 points less, Buddy's LE would be perfect), Alan Scott's LE drops the ball more than a drunken outfielder (similarly overcosted) and now this: 205 points of Unreliability. You hit the nail on the head - GoE's fun, but competative? I don't think so.

So far I've only been happy with my LE Ray Palmer - to me he's worth $15 but only going for about $5. I blame DC's out of control magic for the crazy price differences on LEs.

Good review though! Thanks!

anonymous92
06/21/2007, 15:18
You have the LE dial posted twice and no veteran dial FYI.

St-Dumas
06/21/2007, 15:23
Good review dut.

And while i'm sure you realize this by the time you read it, you misprinted the dials.

KO Bossy
06/21/2007, 15:27
Just echoing what everyone else said, theres no V Shazam dial up there. Other then that, I completely agree with what you said, Dut. GoE is an interesting piece to say the least. But that whacky dial just screws him up. Id have thought Battle Fury would have lowered his cost, but I think hes definitely not worth 205 pts. Theres so much more you could get for that price. Ill stick with the R or V Shazam for tourneys and fun play.

tyroclix
06/21/2007, 15:37
Another Feat that could work on Guardian is Indomitable. The Battle Fury on 4 clicks, 2 of which are Imperv, a + 2 to defense when targeted with Incap could be a big help.

I am interested in seeing how he does in combat. He's not for players who need to predict what's next, but I think he could be a real pain to put down for good.

batfink
06/21/2007, 15:38

I've been seriously disapointed in the LEs from Origin.
Cassie & Hawkman are good.
(especially since those are the one I have.)

Vet Shazam is going for more than $15.

ol_Dut
06/21/2007, 15:40

Sorry, gang! My brain was temporarily melted by GoE's insanity but I'm better now and so's the vet's dial.

absolutvt69
06/21/2007, 15:53
As a fan of crazy dials, I like him. Sure he's not going to front the next WW winning team but as far as fun play he'll be a hoot to use.

ShellShock
06/21/2007, 16:06
Good reviews as always, and the Legacy Joker reference was spot on

nevismusic
06/21/2007, 16:36
good and accurate review.

it's a shame about the origin LEs. so many have been lackluster and some just outright lame. for whatever reason this set has had a lot of fan disappointments and missed opportunities all around in both dials and sculpts. just odd considering supernova and collateral damage both had some fantastic REV variations.

the only really good origin LEs (not counting chase figs) are: carter hall, cassie sandsmark, ray palmer and... well... i guess that's it.

many of the others are fun to play for certain themes but that's about the best i can say about them.

Preacher13
06/21/2007, 17:14
Nice review. That's about how I felt, though I was hoping you would tell me some great strategic stuff and how to use him and how great he really is... :ermm: I've been seeing him go on eBay for about $25 all last week. Won him on Sunday for free.

Batmandu
06/21/2007, 17:22
Damage Shield could be fun on GoE, he meets the preequisites on all but two clicks (2 & 7) and making opponents take two damage (barring toughness, invulnrability or impervious) for hurting him could make them think twice.

Throw on Armor Piecing as well, and it'll even get past those pesky defense powers too...

The downside being that its pumping up the cost of an already costly figure.

thugit
06/21/2007, 17:22
Why the hate for Origin LE's?

Carter Hall is very, very good, Cassie is worthwhile, Ray is just meh....Michael Carter is better than REV Booster, though. He's the PERFECT taxi. Running Shot AND Enhancement? Very nice...

NeoShazam
06/21/2007, 17:25
Good Review.

I'm disappointed that they didn't take the Vet...drop the Activation Click, give him the Quintessence TA and make a 220-275 point monster to signify him taking the Wizards power and being juiced up by the Mystics.

I like wacky dials and the concept, but on a beatstick it seems a wasted opportunity.

rwint1968
06/21/2007, 17:33
Nice review, thanks ol_dut. While I really like my Shazam V, I definitely wouldn't mind having the GoE. I guess I'll find out Monday, when I go play for him.

Thanks,
:cool:

scehaono
06/21/2007, 17:38
all i wanna know is where on earth do you get a decent bottle of tequila for $15?!?!

spider_ham
06/21/2007, 17:55
I'm a big fan of LEs for several of the features that GoE lacks in comparison to his Shazam! counterparts.

First off, he lacks an activation click. 'Nuff said. :)

Secondly, he lacks an arch-enemy. There's nothing worse than having your opponent score twice the points for taking out your fig. Sometimes, you just can't take a chance with AEs.

Third, ever since the elimination of the HSS/Free Move TA loophole, V Shazam and characters of the like (CD V Supes, HT Flash, etc.) have been slightly reduced in effectiveness for their point costs. The Mystics TA is much more enticing, given that even a HSS brick can miss an attack roll (or make a critical miss, for that matter), and there are only a number of ways a high-DV/Impervious character can be dealt damage.

Finally, because he is called the Guardian of Eternity (and not Shazam!), he can be used in conjunction with a Shazam figure, and even act as a "substitute" for Captain Marvel on JSA and other theme teams. I see R Mary Marvel, LE Captain Marvel and V Black Adam Merc'd and teamed up with GoE for some family fun. :cool:

In essence, the GoE is the "poor man's" Wizard Shazam. If you don't have $100 for the chase fig (or refuse to pay that much), then he's a good alternate for the secondary market value. If you can win him, even better. :)

* EDIT

biz567
06/21/2007, 17:59

I've been seriously disapointed in the LEs from Origin. Animal Master was a fun concept that tanked when translated to a clix dial (had he been 20 points less, Buddy's LE would be perfect), Alan Scott's LE drops the ball more than a drunken outfielder (similarly overcosted) and now this: 205 points of Unreliability. You hit the nail on the head - GoE's fun, but competative? I don't think so.

So far I've only been happy with my LE Ray Palmer - to me he's worth $15 but only going for about $5. I blame DC's out of control magic for the crazy price differences on LEs.

Good review though! Thanks!

Dude, Carter Hall is the man though! He's a great LE as well! He and Palmer rock!

Also, great review. It's a shame he's not that good, but oh well, can be fun at home games!

thugit
06/21/2007, 18:09
Secondly, he lacks an arch-enemy. There's nothing worse than having some cheap AE character take out a high-priced brick using Vendetta. Ever see an XPlosion R Hand Ninja score the last hit on a 200+ character for double the points? Sometimes, you just can't take a chance with AEs.

It doesn't matter if the figure targeted by Vendetta has an AE base or not--it only has to be more points than the figure with Vendetta. (Who DOES have to have an AE base, obviously.)

spider_ham
06/21/2007, 18:45
It doesn't matter if the figure targeted by Vendetta has an AE base or not--it only has to be more points than the figure with Vendetta. (Who DOES have to have an AE base, obviously.)

Gettin' rusty. :grin:

samuraigrifter
06/21/2007, 18:46
Thanks for the LE. That is one seriously unpredictable dial... The only thing it has going for it is the lack of an activation click, but the REV still outdoes it in almost any aspect. I like the fact that its an accurate representation of Billy Batson's current state of mind.

ol_Dut
06/21/2007, 19:06
Thanks for the LE. That is one seriously unpredictable dial... The only thing it has going for it is the lack of an activation click, but the REV still outdoes it in almost any aspect. I like the fact that its an accurate representation of Billy Batson's current state of mind.

You're right on there. GoE and Johnny Quick are two of the best examples of comic book accurate dial nods we've had in a while. That click where Johnny has to take another hit is hilarious and spot-on. The difference between the two pieces, however, is that Johnny has a quirky nod and yet he's very suitable for tourney play. GoE is much better off in a friendly at-home environment.

theanalogkid
06/21/2007, 20:28
Great review. I would get him for the TA, but would only play him at home.

Constancy
06/21/2007, 20:52
I'm glad I'm not the only one that looked at his dial, shook my head, and passed it back to my DC-fanboy friend with only comment... "What does he do exactly for those 205 points?"

HappyTrain
06/21/2007, 22:22
I really like this figure, despite his craziness. He's just a lot of fun.
Definitely memorize his dial to take advantage of those hypersonic clicks.
Can he PC himself while using hypresonic?

Mjolnir
06/21/2007, 22:31
Ol ;dut, you sly dog.........I think you're trying to push down the price of the GoE so you can afford one. ;) Personally I think you have to be a fanboy, or mad, to want one. Still, as you pointed out, in friendly games Theo GoE can be fun to play with Legacy Joker. Speaking of which, doesn't one of the Jokers have a sunflower on his jacket?? or is that an iris? Dang! Now I have to go home and examine those figs... but not tonight, I have to get up, ear-ly. :p

zero_cochrane
06/22/2007, 00:52

I've been seriously disapointed in the LEs from Origin.I have to agree with the Mouse of Mystery. The LEs in Origin have been lacklustre, overall. After an upwards trend through Sinister and Supernova, we're back to a set where only about half of them have comparable play value to a version you can pull from boosters. We're not back at the Mutant Mayhem level of Meh Why Bother, but we're round about the Legacy level of I Can Take Em Or Leave Em.

Personally, I'd rank the Origin LEs as follows:

Ray Palmer
Carter Hall
Detective John Jones
Michael Carter
Cassie Sandsmark
Duo Damsel
Animal Master
Alan Scott
Guardian of Eternity
Supergirl
(Links to Ol_Dut's reviews where appropriate.)

Out of those ten figures, I've already won Ray Palmer, Carter Hall, Michael Carter, and Animal Master. I've missed my chance to win Cassie or John Jones from my venue, and while I can see one use for Duo Damsel (Drag!) I can certainly live without her.

I guess it's time to break out the wacky teams! :grin:

Now, that said - I actually played against Guardian of Eternity last night, and I didn't land a single hit on him. He never even had to roll Impervious. You'd think that with three Perplexers on my JLA team (including Ray Palmer as a Brilliant Tactician!) I would be able to hit a 16, but apparently it was destined not to be. I had to content myself with KOing the other 195 points that my opponent fielded (including E Atom with an 18 defence!).

My opponent lost the rest of his team and only KOd one of my characters, but after that game he loved the Guardian of Eternity. Even a Meh figure can have a lucky streak and make for a fun game.

Mon_ami
06/22/2007, 02:54
Great review, my favorite line is Pervert no more!

His dial is crazy, but I like him and look forward at attempting to play him.

I like Tyroclix point of Indomidable on him, this is a topic we've discussed before.

I look forward to playing a Marvel team consisting of:

Shazam
Black Adam
Mary Marvel
Guardian of Eternity
The Wizard - but I need to get him first.

Thanks for the review Dut, always a good read.

oh and long live PERVERT NO MORE!!!! Thank god.

Stuart_Rex
06/22/2007, 05:06
Animal Master was a fun concept that tanked when translated to a clix dial (had he been 20 points less, Buddy's LE would be perfect), Alan Scott's LE drops the ball more than a drunken outfielder (similarly overcosted) and now this: 205 points of Unreliability. You hit the nail on the head - GoE's fun, but competative? I don't think so.

Heroclix is a game. Shouldn't playing it be fun?

anonym0use
06/22/2007, 09:04

Yes, but people have different definitions of what fun is. Until we define what fun is, we can't really have a debate on it. :p

Some people are only having fun if they're winning. I don't envy them.

I don't mind crazy scattershot dials - one of my favorite teams is to run the "Clown Car" -every sculpt of Joker along with the Legacy REV/LE. My point is: I love random dials. I don't care if they're competative or not.

What I'm disapointed in (what I percieve to be)is an overcosted random dial, and the fact that I won't be having any fun tracking one down for 15 bucks.

I guess I'm amazed at what drives the market value on certain pieces. One would think the more competitive a piece is, the higher the price. Alan Scott and GoE have shown us this is not the case.

Also, I didn't mean to pan all Origin LEs, and as Zero Cochrane pointed out, some are pretty decent. I won't trade my Booster LE for anything - I love him as a support piece (you don't see too many flying Enhancers in this game). I have a John Jones LE, but haven't used him yet - but he looks like a lot of fun! Cassie Sandsmark has a fun dial, and since I don't own an E or V, I'll probably keep her, but I'm not thrilled at paying 90+ points for a 9 AV that never gets better. I was hoping she'd be the answer to the Titans across the board low AVs... and since I'm rambling now, it seems prudent to stop.

2Face
06/22/2007, 09:41

Yes, but people have different definitions of what fun is. Until we define what fun is, we can't really have a debate on it. :p

I took a grad class last semester where we tried (emphasis on tried) to define "play." That was the point of the whole class. Everything is open to debate and personal interpretation! :p

I love your review. The V Shazam!/Capt. Marvel is fantastic and really underrated. I actually used him last night to win the GoE. I'm glad that you included the part on ranking GoE in both casual and competitive games. GoE is perfect for when you want to have fun and V Shazam!/CM is perfect for when you want to win. GoE's very randomness means that you may actually randomly win a game with him!

GoE is a great example of the types of dials that I like in LEs. Sure, he isn't as competitive as the V, but the creativity in the dial makes him different and is accurate for what it represents. I'm not interested in the LEs being better than the REV, I want my LEs to be fun like GoE.

tidge
06/22/2007, 12:22
Thanks as always for the reviews.

Many of what I would add have already been said: The point cost is a major issue for me given (a) unreliable/wacky dial (b) generally inferior (defensive) stats.

If I ran the circus, I would definitely have left off the Incap, tried to mix in Quake on clix 2 and 3 (teamed with the Charge) and seriously tried to keep his Charge/Move values such that he was never charging for less than 3 clicks. I think dumping Outwit on click 2 would help (it's on a click that's easy to hit/harm him (low DefV, Toughness) so it isn't likely to be helping him much.

SimonMoon5
06/22/2007, 14:41
After the Wizard Shazam! got whacked by the Spectre,

Minor nitpick/rant (not all directed at you):

The wizard Shazam does not have an exclamation point after his name when his name is being used as a name. Only when used as an exclamation (like when Billy Batson says his name) does it have an exclamation point. It's never a name when it has an exclamation point after it. That's how you can tell that "Shazam!" is not the name of the character in the red costume but is instead something he says, in the same way that "Justice is Served!" is not Scourge's secret identity. Scourge was not born to Mr. and Mrs. Served who thought that "Is" would make a nice middle name for someone whose first name was "Justice". Likewise, Captain Marvel should *never* be called "Shazam" nor should he even be called "Shazam!" unless you are specifically talking about the misnamed Heroclix game pieces. And yet so many people do... why do people enjoy calling Captain Marvel by the wrong name?

And if you want to talk about the Captain Marvel game piece, it is incorrect to call him "Shazam" since the full name on the game piece "Shazam!" with the exclamation point. The name "Shazam" is only correct when applied to the wizard, and one does not need to say "wizard Shazam" when talking about the comics character of Shazam because there is only one comics character named Shazam (ignoring the abysmal Trials of Shazam! miniseries). One only needs to use the phrase "wizard Shazam" when talking about the Heroclix game pieces to clarify the difference between "Shazam!" (meaning Captain Marvel, not Shazam) and "Wizard Shazam" (meaning Shazam).

ol_Dut
06/22/2007, 15:11
Minor nitpick/rant (not all directed at you):

See, then you should start with something like:
"Hey, all you ignoramuses, but not ol_Dut whose intellect, personal skills, sense of humor and charm are inestimable, and whose personal hygeine is beyond reproach..."

The wizard Shazam does not have an exclamation point after his name when his name is being used as a name. Only when used as an exclamation (like when Billy Batson says his name) does it have an exclamation point. It's never a name when it has an exclamation point after it. That's how you can tell that "Shazam!" is not the name of the character in the red costume but is instead something he says, in the same way that "Justice is Served!" is not Scourge's secret identity. Scourge was not born to Mr. and Mrs. Served who thought that "Is" would make a nice middle name for someone whose first name was "Justice". Likewise, Captain Marvel should *never* be called "Shazam" nor should he even be called "Shazam!" unless you are specifically talking about the misnamed Heroclix game pieces. And yet so many people do... why do people enjoy calling Captain Marvel by the wrong name?

And if you want to talk about the Captain Marvel game piece, it is incorrect to call him "Shazam" since the full name on the game piece "Shazam!" with the exclamation point. The name "Shazam" is only correct when applied to the wizard, and one does not need to say "wizard Shazam" when talking about the comics character of Shazam because there is only one comics character named Shazam (ignoring the abysmal Trials of Shazam! miniseries). One only needs to use the phrase "wizard Shazam" when talking about the Heroclix game pieces to clarify the difference between "Shazam!" (meaning Captain Marvel, not Shazam) and "Wizard Shazam" (meaning Shazam).

You know, this reminds me of the time I got really loaded and tried to explain to my neighbor how the Ewoks were originally supposed to be Wookies, all the reasons why that never would have made sense, and how Ewok is really just sort of an anagram of Wookie.:laugh:

I really like this figure, despite his craziness. He's just a lot of fun.
Definitely memorize his dial to take advantage of those hypersonic clicks.
Can he PC himself while using hypresonic?

Good advice. Sure, he can PC himself while using Hypersonic. On the other hand, if he carries someone with PC, that piece can't use PC during GOE's HSS attack, because it is "off the board" for the time being.

joeldad
06/25/2007, 17:37
The Guardian of Eternity is a pure wrecking machine, it's used him in a few HCOnline games feated up to 299 points for the laughs and he's virtually unstoppable.

The AP/DS combo also works wonders, I like to throw it on Black Scorpion and people just go crazy when he have to deal with taking 2 and then I just Nanobots up the difference lol...

I don't mind crazy scattershot dials - one of my favorite teams is to run the "Clown Car" -every sculpt of Joker along with the Legacy REV/LE. My point is: I love random dials. I don't care if they're competative or not.

What I'm disapointed in (what I percieve to be)is an overcosted random dial, and the fact that I won't be having any fun tracking one down for 15 bucks.

I agree with the top paragraph but not the 2nd, he's is worth his points if you include some way to get him around (TK, Teleport Pad if you are really desperate).

I have had untold awesome amounts of success with the Legacy Jokers and his only real problem is he can't take a hit, Guardian has TONS of life and begs for the inclusion of even meaner feats like Nanoarmor and Shellhead.

GoE gets a 9 out of 10 for me, no range but hey, with that many powers, mobiltiy, and sneaky damage capacity he's well worth it IMO.

Just try him before you think he's overcosted, that's all I ask. ;)