PDA

View Full Version : The Trophy Room The Worst HeroClix LE's Ever - Part 3!

ol_Dut
09/07/2007, 13:41
http://www.hcrealms.com/gallery/data/500/batzarro.png
Me am love these LE’s!

So here we are again and you know why. Some LE’s are great and loved by all. Other LE’s are, shall we say, deficient and loved only by Batzarro. Or is that hated by Batzarro? Whatever way that’s supposed to go, suffice it to say that some of these prizes are really dreadful. Join us as we continue our stroll down Putrid Lane for another installment of The Worst HeroClix LE’s Ever!

Please click on “Read More” for more fun.

ol_Dut
09/07/2007, 13:46
Here is a brief recap of numbers 20 – 11:
#20 – Monica Rambeau
#19 – Basil Karlo
#18 – Querl Dox
#17 – Captain Nathaniel Adam
#16 – Johnny Ell
#15 – Dr. Fate
#14 – Quentin Beck
#13 – Benjamin J. Grimm (CT)
#12 – Irene Adler
#11 – Maxima of Almerac

(To read the previous installments of this series, please click the link at the bottom of this article.)

How can things possibly get worse than this? Read on, brave reader. Read on!

But before we begin this theater of tragedy a third time, let us first remind ourselves of a couple of ground rules.
1. To make the list, an LE must be terrible. To be marginal is simply not enough.
2. It must be a figure that would never see play in any real competitive environment. What certain fans want to play for fun, or what thematic obsessives like me feel they must play out of necessity/obligation is a different issue altogether.
3. The figure must be so derided, so completely pointless that “winning/buying” it almost feels like punishment.
4. “But with “XYZ” feat, “123” Battlefield Condition, and “ABC” pit crew, so-and-so is pretty good!” What a pile of rubbish, and I don’t buy it. Any figure that is actually good doesn’t need these things to be good because they’re good already. Having to pile all that stuff onto a figure to make it playable proves the point that it wasn’t playable to begin with.
5. This list is highly subjective and even though I’m most likely 100% correct, please realize that these opinions belong to one surly and highly medicated cat from Minnesota and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

#10 – Dinah Lance (Black Canary – Cosmic Justice) Much as it pains me to say, Dinah Lance takes everything we didn’t like about Vet Black Canary and gives us a second heapin’ helpin’ of it. Like zero range Incapacitate? Have another click of it! Like the feeling of an overpriced figure? Pay even more! What does Dinah have going for her? Well, she’s got the Batman Team ability, so she provides some mobile blocking terrain. However, if that’s what’s needed, there are cheaper and more effective pieces to provide this service. What we’re left with is mediocre to poor attack values, and a whole dial of naked defensive values – evidently fishnets, while stylish, provide no protection whatsoever. And before anyone can type up a justification for Stunning Blow, remember that this only adds to her already bloated point cost and, in essence, is little more than putting lipstick on a pig. Sadly, for almost 20 fewer points, Dinah is outclassed be Experienced Black Canary, and for four fewer points she is absolutely shamed by the new Justice League Black Canary – who is as accessible as she is cheap. Between those two pieces, Dinah Lance, while highly collectable, will never see her way out of the display case.

#212 LE Dinah Lance
Team: Batman
Range: 0 /
m-normala-normald-normalg-normal991638816377152771426613166121KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/cj212.jpg
Can you hear me now?

#9 – Green Lantern (Green Lantern – Cosmic Justice) I like John Stewart. He was cool in the comics and simply outstanding in the all too short-lived Justice League and Justice League Unlimited tv series. How tragic then, that the only versions of him that we have are the over-costed REV, and the even more pricey LE. Sure he may pick up a click of Impervious and Invulnerable. Yeah, he’s got some Toughness and more Phasing. Gasp and swoon! But here’s the bad news, for 151 points we have only one click of 10 attack. Snot on a Stick also discards his only click of three damage, presumably to help pay for his Impervious click. But wait, the travesties continue! Look at all that Telekinesis! He opens with six clicks of the stuff. Someone forgot to tell Snotty that at his point cost he should be dishing out the beatings not running a taxi service, though with his numbers it’s more like a rickshaw service. He also spends the bulk of his dial swinging away with a seven (7) attack or worse. Further, with defensive values starting at 15 and grinding down to a heart-stopping 12, John is begging to be spanked from one end of the map to the other. His one redeeming feature is his Green Lantern TA so he can carry up to eight friends with him wherever he goes. That’s nice I guess, but again, do you really want a 151-point rickshaw? Never has a dial so chock full of a rainbow of fruit flavors amounted to so little. And is it mere coincidence that his last three attack values are 6-6-6? I think not. It’s a sign for us to leave him well alone.

#221 LE Green Lantern
Team: Green Lantern
Range: 10 //
m-winga-normald-normalg-normal12101521191521081529714287151761416613266122KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/cj221.jpg
I need a tissue.

#8 – Maxwell Dillon (Electro – Ultimates) Remember Veteran Electro? Dropping him on a map was almost enough to bring on the cries of “Cheese!” back in the day. 55 points bought a nine (9) attack, four (4) damage, and eight (8) range, flight, and the Sinister Syndicate TA. The Poison is nice, too. All of this adds up to a figure that just screams “Play me!”. Cue Maxwell Dillon. For one less point he drops the Poison, the big damage, and the TA, in favor of a world-class collection of trash. Remember the Vet’s nice attack values? Max starts at an eight (8) and spirals down to a five (5). His damage suffers immensely as well as Max has just one lonely click of two (2) damage and the rest of his repugnant dial is all ones (1’s). In place of Poison and Energy Explosion, Max packs stacks of Incap and Pulse Wave. Think about that. His first click almost makes sense. Running shot? Check! But hold on a minute - with his six(6) move he can only move three squares as part of his running shot. Incap? Checkaroo! Not the most exciting of powers, but maybe in a pinch? Eight (8) attack? Beep! Sorry! Thanks for playing? That’s not going to cut it. Then maybe he has another role. As he is a cheap flier, perhaps he could serve as a taxi? He fails here too, since with a speed of either six (6) or five (5) it’s going to take him all game to get his fare into position. And besides, on his second and third clicks his attack power transitions to Pulse Wave. No one needs a taxi that damages his rider – on the off chance he hits with those seven (7) attacks that is. Miserable. If you ever see Maxi on the map across from you, please follow this simple three-step plan:
Step 1 – Point.
Step 2 – Laugh.
Step 3 – Crush Maxi…last; because with those numbers and powers he sure doesn’t pose any threat whatsoever. Imagine the fun when Maxi is all your foe has left!

#219 LE Maxwell Dillon
Team: No Affiliation
Range: 8 /
m-winga-normald-normalg-normal681426713167131561215612155111KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/ul055.jpg
After 20 years, Maxwell still couldn't master juggling water.

#7 - Alan Scott (Green Lantern – Origin) HeroClix players have waited for Alan Scott since the game’s inception and he regrettably arrived like a snowball crammed down the back of your shirt. Out of the REV, only the 85 point Rookie is truly playable, and everyone looked to the LE to save the day. Well, he failed. He failed big, loud and ugly. Tipping the scales at 171 points, that just over half of a 300 point team, Alan needs to be tank that’s ready to take on all comers. Instead, he’s ready to be taken by all comers. Opening with Running Shot is always desirable, except when it’s paired with a lousy two (2) damage that can’t crack Invulnerable or better – which most similarly priced figures are going to have. Opening with TK doesn’t do him any favors either – for the short-term memory impaired, see John Stewart above. By the time his base damage bumps up to a chintzy three (3) his attack drops to a frustrating nine (9). His 10 attacks return mid-dial, but considering their placement, there’s no guarantee he’ll get to use them. There are several figures with a roughly equivalent point cost that can deal big damage, and if they get the first attack on Alan, before he knows it he’ll be five clicks into his dial and circling the drain with ever-increasing velocity. And honestly, for his 171 points, Alan should have at least one click with an 11 attack, but alas and alack, in brightest day and darkest night appropriate attack values have escaped his sight. Finally, as with poor John before him, he’s also a Green Lantern member, so he can bring a huge posse with him, but here too it’s an unsuitable use for the figure given his point cost. Sadly, Alan is little more than Rickshaw Part Deux.

#208 LE Alan Scott
Team: Green Lantern
Range: 10 /
m-winga-normald-normalg-normal10101728917399163810162810152691537814378132KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/or208.jpg
If you think my sculpt looks bad, check out my dial!

#6 – Elektra Natchios (Elektra – Clobberin’ Time) How is it that with so many versions of Elektra from which to choose most of them are marginal at best? That’s just one of life’s little mysteries. However, the Clobberin’ Time LE takes Elektra to lows so low the bottom of the Marianas trench looks like high ground. Here again, the designers took a bazaar REV concept and made a left turn toward the ridiculous. For 21 points, one might think that LE Elektra Natchios would find her way onto a great many teams. But although her point cost suggests her usefulness as great filler, her dial says otherwise. Stealth and Ranged Combat Expert sound like a match made in heaven, but then that seven (7) attack and two (2) range let everyone know this dial comes from some place significantly warmer and presumably reeking of brimstone. Now RCE with a range of two (2) may seem a bit silly, but one assumes that it reflects that Elektra has a really sharp stick and she knows how to use it. Pokey, pokey! As if this wasn’t bad enough, the misery and suffering continue. When Stealth is abandoned, Flurry takes it’s place, and it brings with it one (1) damage and attack values that are sixes (6’s) and a five (5). Even with two shots at hitting little old Aunt May, with these numbers it isn’t going to happen. What makes Miss Nachos even more pathetic is the fact that for one more point, the 22 point Experienced Elektra opens with the same Stealth, RCE and 2 range combo, but she has an acceptable eight (8) attack. And, instead of the LE’s laughable Flurry, the E Elektra retains the much more useful Stealth, ensuring that even if it’s just serving as mobile blocking terrain, she’ll always be able to contribute something to the team.

#114 LE Elektra Natchios
Team: No Affiliation
Range: 2 /
m-normala-normald-normalg-normal7715167141661315612145111KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/ct114.jpg
Worse than a poke in the eye with her sharp stick.

That’s all the bad that the human brain can take in one sitting. Come back next week as we continue our dance of shame! Will Ted Sallis, Ororo Munroe and Jervis Tetch make the cut? Only time will tell. Thanks for reading!

wintremute
09/07/2007, 14:07
Me am sorry to never play these pieces.

Uniquist
09/07/2007, 14:28
Incap seems to be a staple on bad LEs.

And I just imagined that the alternate Green Lantern TA should allow a Green Lantern to express the ridiculous amount of innovative and interesting things they can create. Like minus damage and plus one target (max 3 targets).

loganspeedo
09/07/2007, 14:31
So far, I have 11 of 15. I wonder what the last five are?

Entertainer13
I'm half expecting to see my precious Ultimates Ororo Munroe in the top spot!

adamical
I always liked the idea of Elektra with 2-range RCE to represent her big stick-like weapon. The sculpt was awesome, and I thought it was clever dial design. Unfortunately, it's just not the most playable combo. Not bad for a cheap side-gunner to a flying charger, though, who can put Elektra one square away. Still, there are much better pieces to fill that role.

Zemo13
09/07/2007, 14:49
I'm up to 2 of these now: Alan Scott and Dr. Fate.
Thanks ol_Dut, I've been waiting for the newest part of this!

hair10
09/07/2007, 14:49
and, in essence, is little more than putting lipstick on a pig.
Did you just call Black Canary a pig?!?!

:eek:

ShellShock
09/07/2007, 15:01
I am calling Parallax for the top spot of this dung parade

still...another great list with more pieces that I have never seen

and I mean...really...how the hell is Black canary 54 points....really....

disciple1976
09/07/2007, 15:01
Thanks for the time and energy you put into these articles! :)

ol_Dut
09/07/2007, 15:03
Did you just call Black Canary a pig?!?!

:eek:

Why, did she hear me?

Nah, it's just a figure of speech.:laugh:

MSU
09/07/2007, 15:06
So many bad LEs...only 5 spots left. me am not curious to know what made list.

Sigdr
09/07/2007, 15:08
Ah, Maxwell Dillon. Last time I was checking clix on eBay, I went to buy a couple items from one guy and started going through his store to see if there were any other clix I wanted in there. I noticed LE Maxwell Dillon for a dollar, and thinking "cool, an LE for a buck", I went to check his dial in Units...

...you'd have to pay me to take Maxwell Dillon.

lancelot
09/07/2007, 15:31
So far, I have 11 of 15. I wonder what the last five are?
I have 'em all :ermm:

NeoShazam
09/07/2007, 15:50
I'm having spasms about Alan Scott's dials again...apparently Hal Jordan even stuck with a Starro baby to his face is worth top click Willpower. Hal Jordan, plus Katma Tui, and Alan's Uber KC version get it. Vet Alan Scott costing 214 points...nah. LE costing 171...nah.

Sigdr
09/07/2007, 16:00
I'm having spasms about Alan Scott's dials again...apparently Hal Jordan even stuck with a Starro baby to his face is worth top click Willpower. Hal Jordan, plus Katma Tui, and Alan's Uber KC version get it. Vet Alan Scott costing 214 points...nah. LE costing 171...nah.

even worse - the Starro GL is John Stewart.

unus
09/07/2007, 16:10
Love the reviews. I've been looking forward to these. Makes me want to smack myself in the head for how much I paid for some LEs on eBay.

I'm wondering if Ned Leeds will make the list. He's one of my faves for all-time suckiest LE.

Wolverine_Hulk
09/07/2007, 16:16
I think these might be the top 5:
Ororo Munroe
Patsy Walker
Jervis Tetch
Jean-Paul Beaubier
Seth Voelker

I'm wondering if Ned Leeds will make the list. He's one of my faves for all-time suckiest LE.
He is an improvement over REV Hobgolblin.

RavenProject
09/07/2007, 16:40
Wow. If Elektra Natchios is only #6, I really want to see your top five...

-J

Neverfate
09/07/2007, 16:46
I have to admit, that despite my fanboy love of the Alan Scott LE, he is a bit over costed.

theanalogkid
09/07/2007, 16:49
Great article. Ted Sallis is my predicted #1.

ol_Dut
09/07/2007, 16:50
Wow. If Elektra Natchios is only #6, I really want to see your top five...

-J

Never fear! There's a whole busload of bad yet to come!:laugh:

Wolverine_Hulk
09/07/2007, 16:55
Great article. Ted Sallis is my predicted #1.

He isn't that bad when compared to the Man-Thing REV.

biz567
09/07/2007, 17:02
I didn't realize how bad Maxwell was until I looked at his dial again. Maybe I was trying to block his dial out of my memory or something...

Now I'm really curious to see what the worst is!

rwint1968
09/07/2007, 17:37
Nice review, thanks Ol_Dut. Only have 1 of these 5 and it's Green Lantern LE from CJ. Used him a couple of times early on, but not since. Nuff said.

Thanks,
:cool:

tidge
09/07/2007, 18:18
CT Elektra Natchios: Best simultaneous use of both Taunt and Trick Shot EVER!

Having just played LE Bruce Wayne (http://www.hcrealms.com/units.php?page=dial&id=lg216&searchstring=isible%60%20=%20%271%27%20AND%20%60name%60%20LIKE%20%27%Bruce%%27%20GROUP%20BY%20%60id% 60%20ORDER%20BY%20%60id%60%20ASC) (Legacy) I feel very strongly that he can muscle his way into the top 5.

I'm not sure if Ted Sallis (which is arguably a better piece than the corresponding REV) deserves a top 5 placement, especially when there are pieces like Sarah St. John out there.

thanosrules
09/07/2007, 18:25
Sorry but I'm not seeing the John Stewart GL as being that bad.

It can carry up to 8 figures (through walls no less), pound away at a possible 4 damage, all the while hiding behind those carried figures using trickshot.

jimthegray
09/07/2007, 18:45
a lot of these are not bad LE's they may not be as good as there non le conterparts but they are still playable .. but got to agree about black canary, elektra and electro

Sigdr
09/07/2007, 19:01
I didn't realize how bad Maxwell was until I looked at his dial again. Maybe I was trying to block his dial out of my memory or something...

Now I'm really curious to see what the worst is!

My bet: LE Ororo Munroe from Ultimates.

hair10
09/07/2007, 19:54
Never fear! There's a whole busload of bad yet to come!:laugh:
Yeah, a "short bus"-load.

:p

Robo-Onion
09/07/2007, 20:32
LE Roland Desmond. I got rid of him fast.

HappyTrain
09/07/2007, 20:57
Having just played LE Bruce Wayne (Legacy) I feel very strongly that he can muscle his way into the top 5.

I have to agree. I get violently enraged everytime I click through his dial. It's a travesty.:speechles

Professor Shimazaki
09/07/2007, 21:02
Rickshaw great!:grin:

Doc D
09/07/2007, 21:40
Great , great article! Can't wait to read more.....funny stuff! Thanks.

Ignatz_Mouse
09/07/2007, 22:37
Hmmm... I can vouch for the stinkiness of John Stewart-- I tried so hard to use him...

Alan Scott, on the other hand, is nearly playable with the running shot and better attack. I'd have ranked him higher, maybe not in the Worst LE list at all... and yet, still so far from good.

For a bonus, why the GLC team ability? He's not in hte Corp, and never was (except perhaps some story where he was honorary for an issue or something).

Draggor
09/07/2007, 23:41
I've got three of these. That makes it 8 out of 15. I think Ororoe will be number 1 too. I played in a "create the worst team you can and give it to your opponent comp" and she was exceptional in her uselessness. On a team that included brother blood and Lex luthor she was still terrible. I don't see the hate for snot on a stick either, especially when you compare him to the alan scott. And he WAS an improvement over the r/e/v. At least he can deal some damage and won't get knocked straight past his damage reducers. I forgot all about elektra natchios. What were they thinking with that version? The other elektra natchios is pretty good for her points.

m0rpheus
09/07/2007, 23:49
Thus far I only have...
Monica Rambeau - the only on the list I actually won.
Captain Nathaniel Adam - who I was "lucky" enough to get as my very first ever Judge "reward"... it's a wonder I kept it up really...
LE Green Lantern - I picked up as part of an E-bay auction back in the day along with OWAW Superman who for about $10 so basically I remember thinking I just paid $10 for Supes (who was the best version of Superman at the time) and got GL for free.

I can't wait to see who makes the top 5.

Hypersonic90
09/08/2007, 06:08
Black Canary Owns totally! I mean, im paying 54 points to give my opponent something to smack every turn! Let the fun begin!

fastcat99
09/08/2007, 13:27
After I traded Alan Scott, I thought...maybe I should have played him a time or two. But no, the choice was a good one. Hold my nose and let him go. My clix storage box smells so much better with the Sandman instead.

Uknown352
09/08/2007, 14:02
I still think the top spot should have been Cap Adam, I also don't agree with the Mail-Away GL because even though his numbers might stink he was the original GL tank. Only issue was when you shot him even if he wasn't dead you might as well of taken him off the field.

Anyways good Article and here is hoping for our great Marquee prize Bruce Wayne and his best pal the Demon's Head on the next one(Man Legacy would have been a horrible set if we based it only on the LE's).

Edit

As a side note I believe I traded my Maxwell Dillon for a pair of dice at one point. Just like my poor Parasite who got traded for a half finished can of coke.

Jackofhearts2005
09/08/2007, 16:57
LE Bruce Wayne isn't a travesty.

He's pretty bad for his points, especially due to the lack of range, but I give the designer props for a fairly accurate Bruce Wayne.

That's pretty much what Batman would be without his toys.

tidge
09/08/2007, 19:03
LE Bruce Wayne isn't a travesty.

He's pretty bad for his points, especially due to the lack of range, but I give the designer props for a fairly accurate Bruce Wayne.

That's pretty much what Batman would be without his toys.

Don't mind me if I totally disagree: If that were the case he'd deserve more Outwit (and/or some Shape Change) and at least Leap/Climb (or more Stealth)....and there is no way he should be 70+ points.

Rurouni KJS
09/08/2007, 19:13
Don't mind me if I totally disagree: If that were the case he'd deserve more Outwit (and/or some Shape Change) and at least Leap/Climb (or more Stealth)....and there is no way he should be 70+ points.

Psssh.

He usually gets Outwit because of his toys (like Bat Shark Repellent™).
He gets L/C because of his toys (swinglines and stuff).

If LE Bruce is Batman sans toys, then the dial is actually too good.

tidge
09/08/2007, 19:19
Psssh.

He usually gets Outwit because of his toys (like Bat Shark Repellent™).
He gets L/C because of his toys (swinglines and stuff).

If LE Bruce is Batman sans toys, then the dial is actually too good.

The LE says "Bruce Wayne" not "Michael Keaton"!

Draggor
09/08/2007, 19:58
The LE says "Bruce Wayne" not "Michael Keaton"!
Yeah Batman gets outwit because he's super smart and because he has oracle in his ear feeding him info. I think he should have shape change too. He makes you think he's just an innocent bystander. Besides, he's batman. He kicks your butt toys or not. I don't have bruce wayne so I can't really say whether he's bad one way or another.

Dirtybird
09/08/2007, 20:30
My vote for top spot is Ororo Munroe. What a dung pile! I certainly have a pile of these guys. I should go back and see how many . . .

OK, I am back and toting 7 of the 15 . . . And I am sure to have at least two more from the top 5, probably more!!

Thunderwebs
09/09/2007, 04:39
I have 15 out of 15 of these, as well as all 5 of the top 5 :speechles . Man, that sucks..... :laugh:

zero_cochrane
09/09/2007, 10:34
I think these might be the top 5:
Ororo Munroe
Patsy Walker
Jervis Tetch
Jean-Paul Beaubier
Seth VoelkerPatsy Walker is okay. She's got cheap Psychic Blast and Super Senses, and I've used her to some effect on a Defenders team.

While Jean-Paul Beaubier and Seth Volker aren't great, they are both much more useful than #### like LE Elektra above, so I doubt they'll make the top 5.

Wolverine_Hulk
09/09/2007, 10:40
Patsy Walker is okay. She's got cheap Psychic Blast and Super Senses, and I've used her to some effect on a Defenders team.

While Jean-Paul Beaubier and Seth Volker aren't great, they are both much more useful than #### like LE Elektra above, so I doubt they'll make the top 5.

But compare them to their REV and they aren't very good. Patsy Walker isn't very good because she only has a 4 range.

tidge
09/09/2007, 12:20
But compare them to their REV and they aren't very good. Patsy Walker isn't very good because she only has a 4 range.

I'd put the zero-range, incapacitating Kitty Pryde in the top 20 "worst LEs" long before I'd include Patsy Walker. Patsy represents a straight-up change in power set, including ranged attacks (albiet with worse stats) that the Veteran does not have.

samuraigrifter
09/09/2007, 12:35
I have that John Stewart LE purely for collection. This article just reminded me of how bad he is.

Jackofhearts2005
09/09/2007, 19:02
Leap climb without his grapling hook?

Also, he should have less stealth as just Bruce Wayne since he would be in a tux or the like instead of his fully black costume.

Also, he should have less outwit than standard Batman because while he can find weaknesses of his foes, he might find he doesn't have the means to exploit them.

I do agree that he shouldn't be 70+ points though and wish he had flurry instead of incap.

I think he should have shape change too. He makes you think he's just an innocent bystander.
That would have been cool.

Draggor
09/10/2007, 06:13
I'd put val-or in the top 5. Yeah, cause mastermind on a 23 point figure is SOOO useful. And leadership is such a vital power when team building nowadays. If you really need it you can take operitive 128 or gabrielle jones who are cheaper and have handy team abilities too. Phantom stranger has gotta be in the top 5 too. And what's the hate for jervis. Sure he's bad but he is an improvement, however small, over the r/e/v.

I actually dig John Stewart for his Impervious. All other GL's dread Energy Explosions that can catch them even behind their meat shields. Barring AP (which is a popular choice for an EE piece, nevertheless), John can sit safely and blast away with Trick Shot!

Maxwell Dillon was one of my first LE's, and I still have a soft spot for him in my heart. I got him as a present from Wizkids for participating in the Approved Play. Cheers!:cool:

Thunderwebs
09/10/2007, 06:52
I'd put val-or in the top 5. Yeah, cause mastermind on a 23 point figure is SOOO useful. And leadership is such a vital power when team building nowadays. If you really need it you can take operitive 128 or gabrielle jones who are cheaper and have handy team abilities too. Phantom stranger has gotta be in the top 5 too. And what's the hate for jervis. Sure he's bad but he is an improvement, however small, over the r/e/v.
Put Val-or in a theme team, and he'll be running with Moloids who don't break single digit point costs. Also, his Leadership (probably combined with Mole Man's) will be helpful for mobilizing all the lil fellas. :cool: One more thing: you're judging these figures using a double-standard. On the one hand, you say Val-or sucks because you claim his powers aren't useful (ignoring that he is an improvement over the REV), and then turn around and say that Jervis is an improvement over his REV (ignoring things like paying for a 4 range when he already had that for Mind Control for free).

jimthegray
09/10/2007, 18:56

thing is I thought that these were supposed to be truely worthless figs, not just bad in comparison to revs

Sigdr
09/10/2007, 19:29
I'd put val-or in the top 5. Yeah, cause mastermind on a 23 point figure is SOOO useful. And leadership is such a vital power when team building nowadays.

My rebuttal:

Thwart

and also

Contingency Plan

Pathis1976
09/10/2007, 19:45
C'mon Ted Sallis for #1!!! I cant even give this figure away to newbies! They can smell the stink a mile away!

tidge
09/10/2007, 19:48
On the one hand, you say Val-or sucks because you claim his powers aren't useful (ignoring that he is an improvement over the REV), and then turn around and say that Jervis is an improvement over his REV (ignoring things like paying for a 4 range when he already had that for Mind Control for free).

Neither Val-Or Nor Jervis Tetch deserve to be on a worst LE's ever, IMO:

Each is a solid improvement over the REV
Each contributes something to a theme force that the REV does not.Val-Or provides a MM chain for The Mole Man, plus an extra shot at Leadership for deployment.

Jervis can have his (primarily MC) range Perplexed UP...and remember that MANY of the earliest Batman Enemy pieces had Perplex, so this was not an uncommon circumstance....I don't even play Bat-Foes that often, but I used it several times (IIRC R Harley, R Riddler and R Joker all start with Perplex)

Wolverine_Hulk
09/10/2007, 19:50
C'mon Ted Sallis for #1!!! I cant even give this figure away to newbies! They can smell the stink a mile away!

He is better then Orro Monroe.

Ghost-x
09/11/2007, 00:02
Someone forgot to tell Snotty that at his point cost he should be dishing out the beatings not running a taxi service, though with his numbers it’s more like a rickshaw service.

ROFLMAO.

You made me spit my coke out on this one!

Can anything NOT be funny with rickshaw being part of it?

No sirree!

zero_cochrane
09/11/2007, 00:44
But compare them to their REV and they aren't very good. Patsy Walker isn't very good because she only has a 4 range."Not very good" isn't enough to warrant being in the 20 worst LEs of all time - especially not in the top 5. There are some truly hoorendous ones out there!

I got some use out of Patsy Walker, and her powers were more helpful to me than the veteran's powers would have been. LE Tomoe Gozan, on the other hand - there is nothing she can do that I can't find a better, cheaper substitute for.

Draggor
09/12/2007, 07:31
Put Val-or in a theme team, and he'll be running with Moloids who don't break single digit point costs. Also, his Leadership (probably combined with Mole Man's) will be helpful for mobilizing all the lil fellas. :cool: One more thing: you're judging these figures using a double-standard. On the one hand, you say Val-or sucks because you claim his powers aren't useful (ignoring that he is an improvement over the REV), and then turn around and say that Jervis is an improvement over his REV (ignoring things like paying for a 4 range when he already had that for Mind Control for free).

yep, cause I so wanna run a moloid team. Great team that one. Keeping his useless dial around longer to get more of the useless moloids going at once. Great :rolleyes: As you said, moleman has leadership so he's not even bringing anything the team doesn't already have. My point was
val-or ISN"T an improvement over the r/e/v's. You'd be better off just getting two or three more moloids for his cost. At least that'll give you two or three more chances at a crit, which is what you'll need to hit anything with them. Jervis can at least have his range perplexed up from the half a dozen or so batman enemies that have perplex on his team. Because of his team ability, you don't even have to waste time perplexing his attack value. He can also make regular ranged attacks with him, something the r/e/v versions can't do. Besides, I didn't say jervis was actually good, just that he may contribute something.

Draggor
09/12/2007, 07:43
My rebuttal:

Thwart

and also

Contingency Plan

But according to ol duts rules, a figure shouldn't need the justification of such and such a feat to make it good. Do you think he's good on his own merit? Besides, contingency plan will make him even mpore expensive and contradicts the reason you'd have him on your team. THE only possible reason you would use val is because you're playing a swarm team and don't have anyone cheaper or a useful leadership figure like nick fury. That means you'll never even get to use contingency plan because you already have many more figures than actions. How does using contingency on a swarm team make sense? I admit I didn't think of thwart as i don't have one but my rebuttal to that is you'll be giving your opponent the easiest 38points they've ever scored in their life or they'll have no feats worth thwarting and val will be an even more expensive waste of points. Even ororoe munroe would have to eventually hit something with her 7 attack if you used her a few times, val will do nothing worthwhile for a team ever. He's not even going to get any good keywords if they ever do them for retired sets. He's not useful to any sort of comic accurate team except other moloids.

Wolverine_Hulk
09/12/2007, 15:57
I don't think the cheapest figure with a power should ever go on the list.

tidge
09/12/2007, 20:16
He's not useful to any sort of comic accurate team except other moloids.

Just my opinion: It is unfair to single out the LE Moloid as being "not useful to any sort of comic accurate team except other moloids" when there are plenty of characters in Clix that have just as limited "comic accurate" applications.

My guess at Number 1 "worst LE": Donna Troy. Strictly speaking, she's only 6 points more than the Rookie...with a couple of extra clicks of powers (WOO HOO! Zero-range Barrier!), but this is one of the few pieces that I actually think wouldn't be able to defeat itself.

zero_cochrane
09/12/2007, 23:17
this is one of the few pieces that I actually think wouldn't be able to defeat itself.Uh, Destiny? :grin:

The BoyBlunder
09/15/2007, 13:59
even worse - the Starro GL is John Stewart.
Only if John has Michael Jackson syndrome. That is sooooooo Hal.

And Batman without gadgets is Matches Malone.