PDA

View Full Version : Comic Accurate COMIC ACCURATE: The Champions

Arsenalroy2k
06/30/2010, 19:41
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=669&pictureid=7799
featuring...
The Champions

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1014&pictureid=10736

Hi, I'm Arsenalroy2k. I'm a big fan of comic accurate teams and would like to see the Marvel half of Comic Accurate continue in the absence of the great Dr. Morbius. So while he's away getting married, I'll be filling in for him.

Arsenalroy2k
07/06/2010, 08:13
So who do people in the Marvel Universe turn to when they can't get a hold of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Defenders, Thunderbolts, New Warriors, Power Pack or any of the X-Men teams? They call in The Champions. Reluctantly.

But regardless of how the public views this under-the-radar team of heroes, let's take a look at a possible build for your next Comic-Accurate Heroclix game.

-----

Now since there's only one major lineup to the entire group, we'll just focus on the OG roster for starters...

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1014&pictureid=10738
The Champions rallying cry of "RUN AWAY!" left a lot to be desired.

ct057 V Black Widow
Team: No Affiliation
Range: 4 :bolt::bolt:
Keywords: Champions, Martial Artist, Marvel Knights
m-boota-fistd-starburstg-starburst891627815277141671416613155131KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

ff024 V Ghost Rider
Range: 8 :bolt:
Keywords: Champions, Fantastic Four, Mystical
m-transport-boota-fistd-starburstg-starburst121017310101631091639915298153881428714277133KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

mu029 V Iceman
Team: X-Men
Range: 6 :bolt::bolt:
Keywords: Champions, Mutant, X-Men
m-winga-fistd-starburstg-starburst10917399173910183910173891738916288162KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO
(Defense) Slippery: Iceman can use Toughness. When an opposing character moves and becomes adjacent to Iceman, roll a d6. On a result of 1-3, the character is immediately knocked back from Iceman a number of squares equal to the result, in a direction of your choosing.

si016 U Hercules
Team: Avengers
Range: 0 :bolt:
Keywords: Avengers, Champions, Deity, Warrior
m-boota-fistd-starburstg-starburst8101838101738111636111736101737916379162781526815258142KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO
(Speed) Wrestler: Hercules can use Charge, Flurry, and Plasticity.

(Attack) Godlike Strength: Hercules can use Super Strength. He can carry two objects at the same time if they are both standard objects; he can use only one object per attack.

dr003 V Angel
Team: X-Men
Keywords: Defenders, Mutant, X-Factor
m-winga-fistd-starburstg-starburst12916210816298171981718716187152KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

Now why these figures?

Herc is going to be your main guy. He's the tent-pole to this group. He's Indomitable, he can carry two standard objects, he's got a nice strong defense and solid damage... He's your close combat fighter.

Now whereas Hercules is your guy to get in up close, Ghost Rider is going to be working from range primarily. He's got the best range of the group, a great Running Shot/Psychic Blast combo and a halfway decent move-and-attack ability in a pinch. Some people might argue a case for using figures like the old vet from Ultimates or better yet, the LE Daniel Ketch, but if we're going comic accurate, Daniel wasn't the Ghost Rider in this group, Johnny Blaze was.

Iceman will likely be an underrated piece, but a good help to your team nonetheless. His attack values aren't the best early in his dial, but the means to Incapacitate two opponents at once or slow them down with Barrier is nothing to scoff at. Every little bit helps. And with this group, you're going to need it.

Now we start getting into territory where some leeway can be taken. Which Black Widow to use? Back in the day, I used to go for the experienced version. Just because I could Thunderbolt her (and Herc). But since the ATA changed, you might as well use the Vet. It'll only be four more points than if you T-Bolted the Experienced version. Plus, at least with the Vet, she's got two targets for more double Incap fun, one more click of life and slightly better damage. Sure, the vet from Ultimates is better, but that Widow wasn't a member of the Champions proper.

Then there's Angel. Not a single version of him has the keyword, so you're looking at a house-ruled theme team no matter what. Archangel from Mutations & Monsters is a better figure, but he's ruled out just because that version was never a part of the group. That leaves the one from the Danger Room starter, and both the Vet or LE from Critical Mass. I went with the Danger Room version because blue skin aside, the dial doesn't fall apart after a single click.

So this group comes out to 444 points. This leaves 50 points aside for feats to get you to 494, which is close enough to 500 to get you by. But what feats to use? Unstoppable and Lunge are practically mandatory for Herc. There's a few other options as well, like Entangle, Protected, Damage Shield or even Fortitude, but you don't want to pile too much on one guy. Save a few points for the other characters. Stunning Blow for Iceman, Running Start for Widow... with 50 points, you've got a lot of room to play with.

Maybe throw Nanobots on Angel so he can heal himself up after using the X-Men TA to heal Iceman? Though with Hercules likely grabbing two objects, you might run out of Nanobots material real quick. Even faster if your opponent doesn't contribute any.

There's still a couple other options. At a recent tournament, a friend played a Champions team with Warbound on all the right folks. Helped them out big time and they won their game.

But that's if you only play the main five. The Champions had a few other members in their existence. You had Darkstar, who they haven't made (yet). And then there's Black Goliath, who served in a part-time advisory role.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1014&pictureid=10737
His best advice: Duck when Thor shoots at you.

si022 R Goliath
Keywords: Champions, Defenders, Scientist
m-boota-fistd-giantg-giant8917389173891638816368162681626815268152KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO
(Damage) Throw: Goliath can choose to knock back the target of any successful close combat attack he makes a number of squares equal to twice the damage dealt to the target.

Not a bad figure by any means, but with little to help his defenses, he makes for a big 58-point target.

To get to 500, you might have to downgrade Widow to the Experienced version and be left with only seven points for feats. Personally, I wouldn't do it. Otherwise, this guy is going to end up like he did in Civil War: worm food. You can maybe use less comic accurate figures to get to 600 and still have room for feats and maybe hope they'll still operate at a competitive level, but I'd recommend sticking with the main cast.

So I hope you've enjoyed this week's fill-in installment and I'll be back in two weeks (hopefully) with another Comic Accurate team. Taking us far back to the glory days of the 1990's.

Shuttle
07/06/2010, 08:24
So I hope you've enjoyed this week's fill-in installment and I'll be back in two weeks (hopefully) with another Comic Accurate team. Taking us far back to the glory days of the 1990's.

There were glory days in 1990s comics? :laugh:

Seriously, nice article. And an under-rated team I know my brother has used occasionally with some success. I seem to remember him telling me about a Kid Flash who tried to run through a wall, attack Iceman, and run away again, only to get knocked back, hit a wall and knock himself off his SP, leaving him inside the building with an angry Champions team...

mr-coffin
07/06/2010, 08:27
I love the Champions! But they are from the 80's right? They only had about a dozen issues but I read them all.

malger
07/06/2010, 08:40
I love the Champions! But they are from the 80's right? They only had about a dozen issues but I read them all.

25 cent comic? That puts it firmly in the 70's.

simonexus
07/06/2010, 08:46

Mid-to-late 70s actually. 17 issues and a shared X-Force Annual in the late 90s.

jbship628
07/06/2010, 09:03
Using the original 616 versions:

The 300 point version:

E Ghost Rider 85
V Hercules 83
V Iceman (XP) 47
R Archangel 37
R Black Widow 30

Total 282

With the remaining 18 points you can upgrade Archangel to his Danger Room version, or bump Ghost Rider back up to V, or feat to taste. For what she's doing, R Black Widow is better than E just because she costs 11 points less. Here is hoping we actually get a decent version in Web of Spider-Man.

400 Point version

U Hercules 142
V Ghost Rider 102
V Angel 50
V Iceman 47
R Black Widow 30

Total 371

Herc gets the big bump here, and it leaves enough points that on the off chance we get a decent Black Widow in the 50 point range, she can fit right in! I like the V Iceman because of his 8 range barrier to provide cover for your close combatants as they close in, and then RCE to do some pinging of his own. Otherwise you have 29 points for feats, which I would suggest Protected on Herc, and then In Contact w/ Oracle on he and GR.

Mr. Cranberry
07/06/2010, 09:45
Some people might argue a case for using figures like the old vet from Ultimates or better yet, the LE Daniel Ketch, but if we're going comic accurate, Daniel wasn't the Ghost Rider in this group, Johnny Blaze was.

True, but Ketch was more of the ranged type with that chain of his. WKs pretty much got those dials backwards as the Blaze version should've focused more on close combat.

Vevilaughs
07/06/2010, 09:48
I think Swingline on Ghost Rider is mandatory. Not only will it give him some added swing, but if you can remember to use the other 1/2 of the card, you can ground a flier that may help you keep a charging opponent from attacking.

petenbailey9
07/06/2010, 10:09
Great article! I love the Champions back in the day and it would be nice to have Darkstar eventually.

MB7-TheFlash
07/06/2010, 10:19
I think Swingline on Ghost Rider is mandatory. Not only will it give him some added swing, but if you can remember to use the other 1/2 of the card, you can ground a flier that may help you keep a charging opponent from attacking.

Except the Ghost Rider from the article has the :m-boot-trans: symbol, not the :m-boot: symbol

Oldguynewbie
07/06/2010, 10:20
I've been struggling with a real build for this team for awhile - go ahead, check my posts. And yes I think it's a crime Angel doesn't have the keyword anywhere. Wish that would change.

And yes, it's an even bigger crime that we don't have a GOOD, ACCURATE Black Widow with the keyword. I mean , c'mon, she sparred with Winter Soldier, among others, and later ran the Avengers, and even later, SHIELD (for a minute). She deserves better.

HH2011003
07/06/2010, 11:26
I definitely agree about Black Widow. We have two very solid "Ultimate" Black Widows, and one way-dated, one-trick-pony figure of the 616 version.

Roderic_Cliche
07/06/2010, 11:31
Mmmm, Blaze's Ghost Rider had quite a few panels where he was racing on his bike, spewing out fire at his targets and laughing crazily all the while.

I'd say that counts as a ranged piece. :)

Now, what was UP with Ghost Rider's bike on that cover with the headlights and the CHiPS look to it?

TheXpert
07/06/2010, 11:46
Mmmm, Blaze's Ghost Rider had quite a few panels where he was racing on his bike, spewing out fire at his targets and laughing crazily all the while.

I'd say that counts as a ranged piece. :)

Now, what was UP with Ghost Rider's bike on that cover with the headlights and the CHiPS look to it?

Somebody can't draw a motorcycle!!!!!!

Eh, neither can I...

Wilx
07/06/2010, 12:45
We need an Angel with the Champions keyword!

Thunderwebs
07/06/2010, 16:37
We need an Angel with the Champions keyword!

But first we need a decent 616 Black Widow (and I'm NOT talking Yelena...). :devious:

flakbait
07/06/2010, 16:41
I played these guys (Herc, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, and Iceman) not too long ago and had a lot of fun and actually managed to win a tournament with them. It beat some pretty tough competition including HoT Captain America and Sinestro Corp Batman. If you dig through the "What did you play" thread there's probably a report in there.

As I recall, I had Lunge on Hercules (which won me the Sinestro Bats game), and Black Widow was largely just blocking terrain for Iceman to approach, and she died every time.

Edit: Oop, found it (http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4516248&highlight=champions#post4516248). The only Champions team in the thread, heh.

Captain Beyond
07/06/2010, 17:03
We definitely need a new decent Black Widow and a pink skinned Angel for this team. While they're at it, how about finally making Darkstar?

Arsenalroy2k
07/06/2010, 23:18
The 300 point version:
E Ghost Rider 85
V Hercules 83
V Iceman (XP) 47
R Archangel 37
R Black Widow 30
Total 282

400 Point version
U Hercules 142
V Ghost Rider 102
V Angel 50
V Iceman 47
R Black Widow 30
Total 371

Good teams, though I'd be hard pressed to use any version of Iceman from Xplosion. He was just awful on every level.

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 02:49
Fantastic Review!

Love the team!

Unfortunatelly My Heroclix collection is 2.O. :p And that Iceman 100 points is TOO good (is better than the Cyclops and Wolverine versions in my collection), so the Iceman in my collection is the Exp Xplosion. :cheeky:

Same for Hercules. TOO powerful. My version is the V Hercules.

This is my Champions team in my collection:

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/album.php?albumid=191&pictureid=3300

a Nice little 295 points team. :)

LittleWoodenBoy
07/07/2010, 04:50
I seem to remember him telling me about a Kid Flash who tried to run through a wall, attack Iceman, and run away again, only to get knocked back, hit a wall and knock himself off his SP, leaving him inside the building with an angry Champions team...

:laugh: This is the best thing I've heard all day. :laugh:

Captain Beyond
07/07/2010, 04:57
Fantastic Review!

Same for Hercules. TOO powerful.. :)

You can't be serious? That Hercules could barely survive an attack by Bane! Hercules should be able to crush Bane while using his left hand to eat a Turkey drumstick!

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 07:23
Yea but that new Hercules look more powerfull than many Superman, Hulk or Thor clixs and I don't think he was that strong on the Avengers.

Shuttle
07/07/2010, 07:53
Yea but that new Hercules look more powerfull than many Superman, Hulk or Thor clixs and I don't think he was that strong on the Avengers.

Most Thor/Hercules fights are close-run things with Thor only winning by being the calmer, more intelligent fighter (I believe). So a Hercules that's on a Thor level is perfectly accurate in my opinion.

CustomCreator
07/07/2010, 13:06
I always thought it would be neat if Marvel did a one-shot story set in the 1940s, wherein Hercules came to Earth to battle the hordes of Germania in search of adventure....and teamed up with the Golden-Age Angel, the Golden-Age Black Widow, Jack Frost and the Blazing Skull!

UncannyAvenger
07/07/2010, 17:28
I really don't like how the seemingly arbitrary use of the Champions keyword really made it hard for this team to get a decent shake at being made correctly. Just some thoughts: why would a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider have both the Champions and Fantastic Four keywords when Johnny Blaze was never on the latter? Why would a Veteran Iceman have the Champions keyword in a representation of him that came years after the team disbanded?

Ugh... sorry, but my sense of comic accuracy and representation just gets all upset when I see stuff like these misrepresentations... Keywords can be game-breakers enough, but seriously if we have to tolerate them, I think they should at least be revised to be more accurate...

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 17:36
I really don't like how the seemingly arbitrary use of the Champions keyword really made it hard for this team to get a decent shake at being made correctly. Just some thoughts: why would a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider have both the Champions and Fantastic Four keywords when Johnny Blaze was never on the latter? Why would a Veteran Iceman have the Champions keyword in a representation of him that came years after the team disbanded?

Ugh... sorry, but my sense of comic accuracy and representation just gets all upset when I see stuff like these misrepresentations... Keywords can be game-breakers enough, but seriously if we have to tolerate them, I think they should at least be revised to be more accurate...

Why you say could be game breaker?

what exactly give same keywords? a PC roll for game?

I made my Collection LONG before The Keywords and personaly I don't look at the keywords for the figures in my collection because if I want the Ghost Rider From the Champions I will choose the figure that have the powers that in MY point of view represent the Champions Ghost Rider better. In my point of view is the experience.

I do the same with ALL the pieces on my collection. No Keyword OR Team ability could affect my decision based on the powers of the characters.

I always say that in my collection I have the Silver Age Justice League Satellite Superman. I don't mind don't have the right keyword for that. I also don't mind to have him without the JLA Team ability. WHY? because I considere the Superman team ability PART OF HIS power. For that my JLA Superman will ALWAYS be a Superman with the Superman Team ability.

Same for Batman and many others pieces.

Keywords are, like you said, just RANDOM point out by someone on WK. It is nice to see some right keywords but I ratter me taking the decision of what figure is the one who SHOULD represent the time of that character on that team.

Keywords come and go and eventually even can be change, the Powers on the figures always stay :)

UncannyAvenger
07/07/2010, 17:47
You are exactly right, Carlos. My biggest objection is when I play in a tourney, I dislike giving up competitive and/or strategic edge because someone at WK did or didn't give a character a needed keyword or team ability.

All that said, I tend to make my teams like you do by picking out what I think would be best for a given character at a specific time in their history or whatever, but the competitive play part is where the frustration comes out. Thanks for letting me vent lol.

On a side note, remember that a lot of Hercules' power went away after he got beat into a coma by the Masters of Evil and his immortality was in question for a long time after that. Before that time, his strength and endurance could've been erratic due to his drinking. As a general rule, it's accepted that Hercules is one of the most powerful non-cosmic heroes in the MU.

flakbait
07/07/2010, 17:47
I think Iceman got the Wonder Man treatment as far as keywords go, attempting to encompass a broad view of his career (though that doesn't explain why he lacks the X-Factor keyword).

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 17:54
You are exactly right, Carlos. My biggest objection is when I play in a tourney, I dislike giving up competitive and/or strategic edge because someone at WK did or didn't give a character a needed keyword or team ability.

All that said, I tend to make my teams like you do by picking out what I think would be best for a given character at a specific time in their history or whatever, but the competitive play part is where the frustration comes out. Thanks for letting me vent lol.

On a side note, remember that a lot of Hercules' power went away after he got beat into a coma by the Masters of Evil and his immortality was in question for a long time after that. Before that time, his strength and endurance could've been erratic due to his drinking. As a general rule, it's accepted that Hercules is one of the most powerful non-cosmic heroes in the MU.

I agree. :) and I create a thread/poll to discuss that:

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281915

:)

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 17:57

Mmmm what Year happened that to Hercules??

I want my Hercules to represent the Avengers Hercules around 1983. (few more or less years give or take).

Anways in 2003 I see (and I have) the JLA/Avengers and Wonder Woman beat Hercules there. :p and Wonder Woman MUST be not as good as Superman in my point of view. :cheeky:

Also I consiere Superman Silver Age in the "cosmic" power level. (and I have V Icons Superman or Man of Steel LE with Fortitude to represent that).

Captain Beyond
07/07/2010, 18:02

I want my Hercules to represent the Avengers Hercules around 1983. (few more or less years give or take).

Anways in 2003 I see (and I have) the JLA/Avengers and Wonder Woman beat Hercules there. :p and Wonder Woman MUST be not as good as Superman in my point of view. :cheeky:

Also I consiere Superman Silver Age in the "cosmic" power level. (and I have V Icons Superman or Man of Steel LE with Fortitude to represent that).

Well you see Carlos, Herc was holding back because he doesn't like to beat on women. He was busy thinking she was hot and she was busy assuming he was as obnoxious as the DC Hercules.

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 18:06
Well you see Carlos, Herc was holding back because he doesn't like to beat on women.

Yea, tell that to Wonder Woman' Mommy.

He was busy thinking she was hot and...

Now we are talking!

...and she was busy assuming he was as obnoxious...

I don't know what obnoxious means but it sounds like a sex fetish with metal. :confused:

..as the DC Hercules.

and I also don't know who the heck is the "DC Hercules"?

Captain Beyond
07/07/2010, 18:16
The DC Hercules is the one that Wonder Woman is mad at. The Marvel Hercules is better behaved.

Superclone
07/07/2010, 20:01
To be fair, if you want to use your E Widow, in Golden Age you can still use the ATA as a feat card as opposed to the new ATA. You just don't have access to the Avengers TA then.

CustomCreator
07/07/2010, 20:34
I don't know what obnoxious means

Read any of Mr_JTR's posts.

UncannyAvenger
07/07/2010, 21:54

If you want Herc around 1983, use the big indomitable one. For Herc after the Avengers "Under Siege" storyline of 1986/87 when Tiger Shark, Goliath, and the Wrecking Crew beat the living #### out of him and left him in a coma. So from like 1988-2007 or so, I use the vet IC Herc. After that, I believe he got full power back a few years ago when he had to do his new 12 labors on a reality tv show. After that, I go back to the big one.

As for the Wonder Woman vs. Hercules thing in the JLA/Avengers x-over, she was all in a rage cuz she remembered the DC version (who apparently assaulted Hippolyta in her recollection) and the MU Herc remembers doin the do with Hippolyta being a more amorous event. Needless to say, she beat him up there. Plus, I think the MU Herc does have a thing against fighting women most times- I don't know if I have a comic in which he actually hits a non-monster female, tho I'm not ruling it out.

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 23:23
If you want Herc around 1983, use the big indomitable one. For Herc after the Avengers "Under Siege" storyline of 1986/87 when Tiger Shark, Goliath, and the Wrecking Crew beat the living #### out of him and left him in a coma. So from like 1988-2007 or so, I use the vet IC Herc. After that, I believe he got full power back a few years ago when he had to do his new 12 labors on a reality tv show. After that, I go back to the big one.

As for the Wonder Woman vs. Hercules thing in the JLA/Avengers x-over, she was all in a rage cuz she remembered the DC version (who apparently assaulted Hippolyta in her recollection) and the MU Herc remembers doin the do with Hippolyta being a more amorous event. Needless to say, she beat him up there. Plus, I think the MU Herc does have a thing against fighting women most times- I don't know if I have a comic in which he actually hits a non-monster female, tho I'm not ruling it out.

Interesting, interesting... But you said the Word...

indomitable

Is not that when a figure have willpower all the time?! :eek: If that is yes, then...Heck No! I don't have ANY figure with Indomitable on my collection! That Hercules dial will be Like a Hyper sonic speed cosmic Hulk between my 2.0 Heroclix figs!

He will even CRUSH the all mighty figure in my collection: the Rampaging Hulk! and I Just CAN'T let that happen. I'm sorry! I can't!

-Run moving the hands on the air like the waving inflatable arm flaling tube man, wiping tears-

CarlosMucha
07/07/2010, 23:45
Also, there is not a Champions feat or alternative team??

Shuttle
07/08/2010, 07:25
I don't know what obnoxious means but it sounds like a sex fetish with metal. :confused:

Obnoxious is being rude, uncaring, and self-centred. Obnoxious people don't care about other people's feelings and feel that their opinions are the only ones that matter. They're also not shy about letting people know how they feel.

Hercules in Marvel comics is a braggart who is loud and lets everyone know what he thinks, but he does care about other people's feelings which is why he isn't obnoxious. The DC Hercules who forced himself on Hippolyta clearly was.

Think of obnoxious as being everything Superman isn't. :)

Quebbster
07/08/2010, 08:07
To be fair, if you want to use your E Widow, in Golden Age you can still use the ATA as a feat card as opposed to the new ATA. You just don't have access to the Avengers TA then.

Actually you cannot do that. The Player's Guide specifies that all previous versions of ATAs (including Thunderbolts and Alpha Flight) are now banned and can no longer be used - you have to use the ATA version.
As always that is subject to house rules though.

jbship628
07/08/2010, 11:47
Also, there is not a Champions feat or alternative team??

Not yet....

Just wait until after GENCON!!!!!

(In case that doesn't make sense, it has been stated that the winner of the Heroclix World Championship at GENCON will get to design an ATA of their choice, with company and design approval of course. Of course "The Champions" name doesn't belong to Marvel anymore, so maybe that wouldn't be allowed.)

Deadpool2449
07/10/2010, 03:51
so just came up with this for modern games, i think it would work well, i'll try it in the next modern tournament i do

58 Goliath
142 Hercules
100 Iceman

Thunderwebs
07/10/2010, 04:22
so just came up with this for modern games, i think it would work well, i'll try it in the next modern tournament i do

58 Goliath
142 Hercules
100 Iceman

Played that team a while back (those are the only "Modern Age" Champions), it did OK.
BTW, to all those playing Hercules in other builds with feats available, try putting Cannonball on him. For only 4 pts, it allows Herc do deal with a map like the Rainbow Bridge much better. :classic:

Vevilaughs
07/11/2010, 10:01
I am hoping that with the release of the U-Foes in the nest set, the Soviet Super Soldiers are not too far behind. I can't believe we don't have a Darkstar and/or Vangaurd yet.

CustomCreator
07/14/2010, 13:59
I am hoping that with the release of the U-Foes in the nest set, the Soviet Super Soldiers are not too far behind. I can't believe we don't have a Darkstar and/or Vangaurd yet.

Or classic ("bullethead") Crimson Dynamo.

I was discussing this with Papyrus and Lucycat last Sunday at Philly Comic-Con. Why did they ever pick the Crimson Dynamo armor they did for the original REV set? It wasn't his original armor, nor the armor he was wearing at the time the set was released, or the armor he wore for the longest time. It was barely a blip on the radar.