PDA

View Full Version : Comic Accurate COMIC ACCURATE: Secret Avengers

Arsenalroy2k
05/31/2011, 00:04
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1014&pictureid=16308FEATURING
Secret Avengers

Welcome everyone, as Marvel Edition of Comic Accurate gets back to normal after handing the reins over to the phenomenal bill4395 who stepped up for Writer Swap Week. This time around, we visit the newest Avengers spinoff title. And along the way, we get to use a new piece from the upcoming Captain America set!

Click to read the full article! (http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319337)

Arsenalroy2k
05/31/2011, 00:04
Launched during the spring of last year in the wake of Siege under the Heroic Age banner, writer Ed Brubaker and artist Mike Deodato introduced a team of Avengers whose missions are meant to be covert and proactive. The series takes an espionage theme as over the course of the first twelve issues, the team deals with the machinations of a group known as the Shadow Council.

Now the bulk of the team remains the same over the course of the twelve issues: Steve Rogers, Sharon Carter, Beast, War Machine, Black Widow, Valkyrie, Moon Knight and Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady).

ca031 V Steve Rogers
Team: Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D.
Range: 7 :bolt:
Keywords: Avengers, Politician, S.H.I.E.L.D., Soldier, Spy
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst81217381117381016271016271016271015269162KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO
(Special) The Focal Point: Steve Rogers can use Leadership. Adjacent friendly characters with the Avengers keyword can use the S.H.I.E.L.D. team ability. Friendly characters with the S.H.I.E.L.D. keyword who begin an action adjacent to Steve Rogers can use the Avengers team ability for that action.

si005 V Sharon Carter
Team: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Range: 6 :bolt:
Keywords: S.H.I.E.L.D., Spy
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst891728917279162791626815268152KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO
(Speed) Agent 13: Sharon Carter can use Running Shot and Stealth.
(Damage) Ally: Sharon Carter can use Perplex, but she can modify the combat values of only herself and friendly characters, and she can't modify damage values.

gx010 V Beast
Team: X-Men and Avengers
Range: 0 :bolt:
Keywords: Avengers, Scientist, S.W.O.R.D., X-Club, X-Factor, X-Men
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst89173810173810162710162711162710162KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO
(Special) Leaps and Bounds: Beast can use Leap/Climb and Super Senses.

ha200 U War Machine
Team: No Affiliation
Range: 10 :bolt::bolt:
Keywords: Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Force Works, Soldier, Armor
m-winga-fistd-shieldg-starburst12101841010173101017310111641010164991539915289152KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

ct056 E Black Widow
Team: Avengers
Range: 4 :bolt:
Keywords: Avengers, Champions, Martial Artist, S.H.I.E.L.D.
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst7815168151571415713146121KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

sn048 V Valkyrie
Team: Defenders
Range: 6 :bolt:
Keywords: Asgardian, Defenders, Mystical, Warrior
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst8101838917288172781627815267152671435713357122KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

cm026 E Moon Knight
Keywords: Mystical, West Coast Avengers
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst1091529814287142771316613166121KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

ic173 LE Ant-Man
Keywords: Avengers, Scientist
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst6820067190561804517045160KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

That initial build comes out to 563 points. But there are some things to discuss. First, we're using our all-purpose Ant-Man, the LE from Infinity Challenge. Solid piece that no one can say doesn't look like Eric.

Second, we're using an equally old Black Widow piece. Kind of harmless and very likely to be cannon fodder, but it's the only 616 version available. We are getting a new one in both the main and gravity feed Cap sets, but since the dial/point info for them aren't out yet, we're just using the Clobberin Time version as a place holder for now. Whatever they do with the new ones won't be cheaper, but they also likely won't be more expensive than Steve.

And speaking of being less expensive than Steve, the low costs to the bulk of these figures is great because with the new change to Leadership, Steve can take a token off them if they're adjacent when he gets his roll. Another perk is Steve's trait. With it, Steve can give Sharon the use of the Avengers TA, and he can also give Black Widow, War Machine, Ant-Man and Beast the use of the SHIELD TA. Which certainly gives that Widow some use boosting his range or damage. Couldn't hurt to help War Machine either if he's close by.

In the first five issue arc of the series, the team is joined by Nova, who hangs around to help (then fight) them long enough to get his membership.

sv201 LE Super-Nova
Team: No Affiliation
Range: 10 :bolt:
Keywords:
m-winga-fistd-shieldg-starburst109164109162891728101747101747914368133KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

I went with the LE because let's be honest, that REV stinks. Here at least you get some HSS and a range of ten, even if the AV isn't the best. Adding Nova brings the team to 654 points. Throw on Pym Particles for Ant-Man (make him a Giant so he can Taxi your figures even if it's only for four squares), Heightened Reflexes for Beast and then varying Running Starts or Swinglines to help either your Stealth guys or the ones with Charge/Running Shot. That should cover the roster for the first five issues. After that, Nova leaves for the Thanos Imperative. Whoops.

The next five issues saw the membership grow by two characters. First was Prince of Orphans, who doesn't exist in Heroclix. He does however turn into mist, so maybe you could talk your opponent into letting you throw a smoke token on the map and just say it's him. The next member was Shang-Chi, who stuck around as a member of that mission. It was basically a family affair for him.

av012 E Shang-Chi
Team: Spider-Man
Keywords: Heroes for Hire, Martial Artist, Marvel Knights
m-boota-fistd-shieldg-starburst811162810163710162791526915269142KOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKO

Our main eight figures and Shang-Chi now come out to a total of 621 points. You'll definitely be using your full seventy points in feats, which will get you up to 691. That's fine, being under by nine points won't kill you none. Throw in a Cytorrak Gem, get you to 696. See if Eric's worthy. Or better yet, Steve.

NOTE: At the time of this writing, issue #13 has come out, primarily featuring a lineup consisting of Beast, Ant-Man, War Machine and some politician friend of Beast's. So put those three figures together with the Politician bystander from the old map pack and you're well on the way to putting a 300 point team together. Enjoy.

Next time, we head back into space!

Pentarch
05/31/2011, 00:11
I love the write-up, although am a little disappointed that this specific one wasn't held off until we at least get the full dial lists from Cpt. America. I have a feeling we might be getting a new O'Grady Ant-Man, viably a new Moon Knight, and we already know we're getting a new Natasha. If we're extremely lucky? Maybe even a Prince of Orphans. :D

saturnflight
05/31/2011, 00:19
I love that cover; something about that roster is really an appealing Avengers to me. Maybe it's the West Coast association? Oh, and of course, the art is phenomenal.

I've been waiting for a new Black Widow to run this team. And once Captain America comes out, you can bet this will be the first team I go to.

Dark_Knight
05/31/2011, 00:26
I love the write-up, although am a little disappointed that this specific one wasn't held off until we at least get the full dial lists from Cpt. America. I have a feeling we might be getting a new O'Grady Ant-Man, viably a new Moon Knight, and we already know we're getting a new Natasha. If we're extremely lucky? Maybe even a Prince of Orphans. :D

I concur, solid article but I too think will we get the rest of the team in the upcoming set and maybe even an ATA. I understand the reasoning, however because I too can't wait to field the new Steve Rogers! New Moon Knight is LONG overdue along with an O'Grady Ant-Man and a Prince if Orphans or John Steele would be awesome.

Those of you not reading Secret Avengers are missing out! :laugh:

winndwalker
05/31/2011, 01:00
I concur, solid article but I too think will we get the rest of the team in the upcoming set and maybe even an ATA. I understand the reasoning, however because I too can't wait to field the new Steve Rogers! New Moon Knight is LONG overdue along with an O'Grady Ant-Man and a Prince if Orphans or John Steele would be awesome.

Those of you not reading Secret Avengers are missing out! :laugh:

Man I wish. I doubt we will get the team though or it would have been in the advertisements. I'm thinking Ant Man could show up, and of course Widow, but I imagine they'll be spread out across a few sets.

rollinsolo
05/31/2011, 01:55
I like the write up and the team. I think a substitute dial for Prince of Orphans may be one of the REV versions of Cloak. A+
FCBD War Machine may be my favorite non special powered character in the game to date. Just an all around great figure.

scarecrow826
05/31/2011, 02:03
Secret Avengers is the best Marvel Comic on the racks right now... If you haven't read it, please do so. I enjoyed this article. I'd rather use Avengers Moon Knight, but I'm a huge Moon Knight fan and like him with a little more meat on his bones, even though he no longer has super strength.

What I REALLY want most from Cap is a new Moon Knight, complete with his new suit and powers that don't hurt him for no reason.

roguenate
05/31/2011, 02:22
Nice write-up, but the Vet Nova has it all over the LE.

ZZZ
05/31/2011, 07:27
This^^^^^. I take the Vet over the LE any day. roguenate took the words right out of my mouth.

Stainawarjar
05/31/2011, 09:56

This^^^^^. I take the Vet over the LE any day. roguenate took the words right out of my mouth.

Really? The LE has one fantastic starting click, and the rest of the dial is poor... The Vet is just useless. If you play the LE well he should never leave his starting click.

quatre1453
05/31/2011, 10:27
awesome write up! i too am looking forward to a new black widow. this team sounds fun

catherine
05/31/2011, 10:56
Cool stuff. So I did not know who all the Secret Avengers were, but now with this list, I am really hoping to see a new Moon Knight in this set. A Moon Knight that could not hurt himself would be fantastic. And a Shang Chi would be great too, as both of these just left Modern.

sylnzz
05/31/2011, 11:29
72 HA040 Captain America
73 MU027 Beast
145 HA055 Valkyrie
137 HA200 War Machine
50 SI005 Sharon Carter
48 SV049 Ant-Man
59 UL027 Black Widow

For 584 points. I've used this team in a 600 point game. This team rocked. Cap didn't last long but War Machine and Valkyrie cleaned up well.

Thunderclese
05/31/2011, 11:34
Man I wish. I doubt we will get the team though or it would have been in the advertisements. I'm thinking Ant Man could show up, and of course Widow, but I imagine they'll be spread out across a few sets.

They couldn't put it in the ads, or it wouldn't be a secret! Shhh!

I'm pulling for an updated Moon Knight and an Eric O'Grady, too. And this would be the perfect set for John Steele and the Prince of Orphans.

TopDog
05/31/2011, 12:19
Used similar team with
HotCap
R sn ant-man
Av moon knight
Ult widow

@ 500pts

It's lots of fun

combatninja
05/31/2011, 12:42
I've run a 600 point Secret Avengers team before. With fewer points and the same roster you get a little less punch, but it's still a well balanced team.

60 sn047 Valkyrie
73 mu027 Beast
38 av006 Moon Knight
59 ul027 Black Widow
91 sv201 Super Nova
48 sv049 Ant-Man
50 si005 Sharon Carter
72 ha040 Captain America
109 aw068 War Machine

Comes to a perfect 600 points. Just remember to keep your high attack value characters from taking damage early in the match.

Battletank900
05/31/2011, 13:29

How about they all s u c k? We need Nova Prime in this set! Fingers crossed...

Bubblehead
05/31/2011, 13:51
I know Nova is on the cover and technically he was a "part" of the Secret Avengers.....but c'mon. Actually including him on a team is in bad taste.

As bad as that story was. That's how awful. ;)

Felt like I had just read a "Barnaby Jones" episode with "SPECIAL GUEST STAR: RICHARD RIDER.

Ugh. :tired:

Baron Impossible
05/31/2011, 14:19

secret avengers was one of the plethora of subthemes announced for cap's set.

Arsenalroy2k
05/31/2011, 14:48
secret avengers was one of the plethora of subthemes announced for cap's set.

Actually, it's Secret Warriors that's a subtheme of the Cap set. Nothing confirmed about any other Secret Avengers aside from Cap and Widow.

Sriad
05/31/2011, 15:19
Vulcan is my current "counts as Nova-Force Richard Rider" (you know, in games I don't especially need to win ;)); hopefully we'll get an updated version of him in the 175-250 point range in that Infinity Gauntlet set I'm hearing about.

kujonomore
05/31/2011, 15:20
It'd be nice to get a new moon knight and a new nova in the Cap set, I'm hoping I don't want too many SR's and can be happy with a CUR set.

Trying to save for a Superman case.

Thunderclese
05/31/2011, 15:27
And if we're going to get chase figs in Cap, I really hope one is Nova-Steve. That cover alone is amazing.

scarecrow826
05/31/2011, 16:54
They couldn't put it in the ads, or it wouldn't be a secret! Shhh!

I'm pulling for an updated Moon Knight and an Eric O'Grady, too. And this would be the perfect set for John Steele and the Prince of Orphans.

YES. John Steele is a MUST. Such a friggin' badass... even before SA when he showed up in Marvels Project.

jmainse
05/31/2011, 17:09
Vet Nova or LE Super-Nova? Vet Nova 9 time out of 10. Push off his first click to the 18 defense (hopefully be attacking and doing 4 damage) and he should be safe. If he gets hit for 2 or 3 clicks of damage (a common amount to take), he lands on hypersonic (Super-Nova's only saving grace).

rbbum
06/01/2011, 01:51
Is it just me or the fact that steve and beast (Gxs) don't have a secret avengers keyword makes you rule out an ATA…

After all one of beast powers reads (shhhh it's a secret)
Or something like that.

mr_obvious
06/02/2011, 13:04
Really? The LE has one fantastic starting click, and the rest of the dial is poor... The Vet is just useless. If you play the LE well he should never leave his starting click.

What? Okay, look at his dial and pretend that he had a decent defense the whole way through. 'Cause if you ignore the defense, everything else on the dial is totally worth the points. Try playing him with someone like Armor. HSS, RS, SS, Quake, decent attack values, multiple opportunities for 4 damage. A couple of the points where his damage is low he also has SS to increase the damage. LE is great, just easy to hit because of the low defense. HSS should help to keep him safe until he's done some damage.