HeroClix Realms - View Single Post - U.S.S. Montgolfier source material?
View Single Post
Old 02/15/2012, 19:30
Prophus
Online Status:
May 2005
Allow me to step in with the answers I can give:

When looking for a Saber-class Federation ship to feature in the set, we had initially hoped to include the U.S.S. da Vinci in the set, as seen in the Starfleet Corps of Engineers novels. However, due to the constraints of our license, we were limited to drawing on only material that had appeared in the television shows and the pre-Abrams movies. Memory Alpha with no Memory Beta, to put it another way. So no da Vinci, unfortunately.

But while we couldn't draw on those other materials, we could work with the licensor to fill in the needed blanks. In this case, we had the ship and dial we wanted, but needed to give it a name and a captain. That's how we ended up with the U.S.S. Montgolfier. As for Captain Stephens, his last name is actually an homage to HeroClix itself, that being a last name that has made several appearances in the past. I leave it to you guys to find those.

Hopefully that clears things up, and you all enjoy playing with an officially approved ship that makes its first appearance ever here in HeroClix! Who knows where it will show up in the future?
Seth Johnson
Game Designer
www.inkslinger.org
Haves and Wants Reply With Quote