As far as the ratings, I would hazard to say that Sharon Carter should only have gotten 3 stars, based on the rest of the ratings in comparison. Especially in a set where 'mediocrity' is a commonplace situation - if not the basis.
I believe she got 4 because she is full of awesome!
Providing 3 boosts (stealth, perplex and SHIELD TA) is wonderful at only 45 points.
Wizkids, please make Deathurge, Oblivion, the other Great Lakes Avengers and GL Stel Thor is my copilot! Monkey Joe Mjolnir pickups: 1/10. Monkey Joe KOs: 0. KOd Monkey Joe: 11.
For trades:My Haves/Wants Trade me your Zuvembies!
My opinions based off the 4 games I played right after opening my brick:
A) All figures are fun as heck! in the fun department!
1) Jinku was brutally efficient with lava men. If you can pull a lava man, play the Jinku. Between the lava pits and the poison he is a beast against all those soft targets (of which there are a lot in this set).
2) Max Fury - faced this guy twice. Annoying. Outwitter who can heal himself and has stealth. Plus shuts down SHIELD TA which there is a fair amount in this game. Strong enough stats at a fair price makes this one a figure to really consider.
3) Black Knight - dead on review. So good on click one. Average as heck from there on. Lack of flight sculpt will surprise your opponent, though.
4) Sharon Carter - decent for the cost. Amazing sculpt! Didn't realize she had Perplex until she got blasted through it. One of those soft-targets I was talking about.
5) Iron Man - I LOVE this guy (sculpt aside). 3 clicks of Outwit or which he can regen back to the power. Decent mobility. I love the ability to target a figure and a feature - great for blasting out objects underneath figures or punching holes in the Pym Prison map which will be important, if you miss the attack. Also, LOVE the knockback power if he hits. Again, lots of soft targets and with 6 being the average range this could be hugely beneficial. I would highly consider him.
6) Nitro. Here was my experience: Carry him up. Get charged by Wolverine for 3 (putting on explosive punch click). Phase away to clear line of fire for my Kang. Push to Phase to set up a brilliant Explode set-up through the walls of a prison. 3 targets ALL with 16 defenses. Wolvie on regen will take 2, Cap on top click takes 1 (losing alot), Hank Wasp will take 1, too. My turn: Double-Power Action to Crit Miss. 1 click. 2 clicks. KO'd. I'm still hopeful.
7) Ant-Man - Low attacks had him missing a lot (got tore up by a Lava Man and that poison and couldn't hit a 17 defense when he could finally hurt someone. Neat annoying fun figure but doesn't have enough impact. I'd skip him unless I had a point deficit that only he fits in.
8) Wolverine - faced against him and used him. His 8 clicks feel like 12. And that's playing him correctly You hit him. He heals. Hit him again. He heals again. 3 shots from Kang to put him down. Considering he deal 4 damage penetrating (either through outwit or Psy-Blast) that is impressive for 90 points. In Golden Age he will be a terror as Lunge is a must. My only issue was being out of position frequently due to breakaways and knockbacks but he soaked up a lot of damage.
Nice review on Ms. Marvel. I hate what her dial is missing but you talked her up enough for me to track one down as she wasn't in my case.
Great review on Madame Masque. I glanced through her when she was first spoiled. This time I read her carefully and recognized all the great uses of her powers which you touched on in the review.
I'm mostly agreeing with you although I think you sold the 110 points Iron Man a little short. That's just based off his dial, though, since I've yet to get my filthy mitts on some CW, so you might be right there too
"I just sold you for a cigarette and I don't even smoke!" - Monarch, The Venture Bros.
great reviews dude, just hope you make it through the R's & SR's before my sealed on sunday, as these things are a great help.
yeah ms marvel comes up very short next to wonderman. i always imagined it was the other way around. at least binary is packing a more familier dial, i may just have to do a sculpt swap there. to be honest though i'm just happy to have a sculpt without the skrull chin.
loving both Sharon Carter (vast improvement over the demi-perplexer we got in SI) and Madam Mask. they are two very low point beasts of the support sector... we'll be seeing a lot of these two in sealed for sure.
Love the reviews Mouse. I will say this, I don't love the Iron Man but he did well for me in my sealed last night. I played an Avengers theme and he pulled his weight with his outwit alone. Admittedly though, Crystal and Victoria Hand were the real stars of my show.
Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
Iron Man, like the Vision, isn't HORRIBLE per say, it's that there's just some better options out there for the points. I think the biggest factor that bothers me with Iron Man is his lack of stamina.
For 110 points, you get a Six Click figure. Captain America has 6, and costs far less (not apples to apples, I know, but still). Ms. Marvel & Wonder Man weigh in with a similar cost and have 8 clicks.
There's ways to mitigate short dials - Indomitable would let him act more often, and a higher defense would help stave off attacks. Either would have swayed me in one direction.
And if Iron Man had two more clicks of life I wouldn't feel so exposed with him, but he's a single Outwit away from being KO'd (or crippled) in one shot. Heck, if he had the Invincible SP, that FCBD Iron Man from years back had (reducing damage to 1) he'd be pretty amazing. But to me, he feels top heavy. YMMV.
Have SR Warblade, TEEN TITANS & More FOR TRADE Want Red Tornado, R TT Deathstroke & more
Read the International M0use of Mystery's Heroclix articles
On using Genis-Vell but only with less then 10 players, well I played him at a tournament with greater then 10 players. He still did well. He wipe the floor with a team that had Sharon Carter and Wolverine. He took out a Mr. Sinister team. He won me Grandmaster. Team him up with Sentinel and Nick Fury.