Does anyone know how I can start playing on creationmatrix.com? I want to play heroclix online but I don't know how to get started. I have signed up already. Can you please PM me or post here what I need to do. Thanks.
Play usually goes like this:
1. A player posts a new thread that they want to play a game.
2. Someone answers the thread that they accept the challenge.
3. Players agree on a map and assign the map a grid system, usually numbers for rows and letters for colums. Here is a sight for online maps: http://www.geocities.com/cchristelan...urceshome.html
It will save you the trouble of assigning a direction.
You can also create your own maps using a drawing program (I favor MS Paint, the standard paint program that comes with Windows.)
4. Post your starting locations. Check out the game Maul of America for examples. It is the latest game I am playing in. The descriptive posts are not necessary but are fun to add.
5. When rolls are made you send the results to you opponent. Here are a couple of independent dice servers: http://www.pbegames.com/roller/ (my prefered server) http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html
Take a look at the sites Just remember to put a description of what you are rolling for in the description, along with modifiers like Perplex, (I.E. Harley Quinn attacks Batman and uses her Perplex for damage (or Attack Value) need a X.)
6. Moves are made on the grid system. Here is an example of my latest move:
Aquaman rolls for Leadership and gets a 2. Fails.
1) DEO Agent moves to J8.
2) Kendra Sanders moves to J12.
Free) Big Barda Picks up Plastic Man and Free JLA moves to I10. Setting Plastic Man down in I11.
Free) Rocket Red picks up Aquaman and Free JLA moves to H10. Setting Aquaman down in H11.
R Aquaman H11
E Big Barda I10 @
E Rocket Red H10 @
LE Kendra Sanders (Hawkgirl) D2 @
E Plasticman F1
V DEO Agent G2 @
[note this is different than the post in the thread because I just realized that I forgot to put the @ action tokens beside the characters!]
When characters take damage just note it as follows:
V DEO Agent G2 (1 click) @@
This notes tha thte DEO Agent has pushed and took a click of damage.
I hope this helps. If you have questions feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you. I might even be conned into running a small 4 way game for new people.
"Nature has placed nothing so high, that valour cannot overcome it."
Alexander of Macedon