Before we begin, let's recap the rules (paraphrased from Peers' many wonderful games):
Things to remember:
1) A full writeup of the rules can be found here This game will be more complicated than what's described there, as nearly everyone has some sort of 'special thing' about them. Doesn't mean everyone has a night power, but you never know...
2) When you vote, please do so by saying Vote: [Player] in bold. If you wish to change your vote, please say Change Vote: [Player] instead. Voting for 'Nobody' is a valid vote; if a majority votes for 'nobody' then nobody will be lynched and we'll move on to the Night phase.
3) If your role says you -may- PM me a target, you don't have to do anything at night. Even so, it'll speed things along quite a bit if you'd still just send me a PM saying "Not using my [whatever] power tonight, thanks."
4) If your role says you -must- PM me a target, and you do not? I'll pick one randomly. Or, perhaps, not-so-randomly. Don't blame me if you target someone who kills you.
5) You may NOT send a PM to anyone about this game unless your role explicitly says you can. This is cheating.
6) Do NOT edit your posts in this thread. This is cheating.
7) Please do not copy-and-paste anything from any PM I send you to the thread. This is also cheating.
8) Please do not post in this thread after you are killed. This, too, is cheating and can ruin the game if done wrong.
9) Cheaters don't get to play in any other Mafia games I run. Period.
10) Remember, it's just a game. You will get paranoid, you will be stabbed in the back by someone, you will see somebody do or say something stupid and want to smack them. Just breathe deep and relax. If things get out of hand, we do have a mod playing who will forcibly remind you to chill out if needed. It hasn't happened yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.
11) Quoth Tuttle: EXPECT ANYTHING!!! This ain't your children's disney!
Added Disney Animal Kingdom Magic:
READ THIS NOW!!!!
A) There is an added classification to all players - you are either an Animal or a Human. Read your power VERY CAREFULLY! Some powers are Animal specific, some are Human specific. Some will produce very different outcomes if you choose one over the other. If your power is for Humans only and you target an Animal (and vice versa), you will lose your power for the phase.
B) It is very important that you DO NOT DISCUSS THIS THREAD WITH ANYONE ONCE YOU ARE DEAD! Dead is not always dead in the Animal Kingdom.
I am tough...but I'm no cookie. -Lana Winters, AHS S2
The sun set over the Animal Kingdom. The kingdom was restless because of the events at the castle nearby. Animals were quiet as they nestled down in their respected areas. Mufasa stepped out onto Pride Rock. He surveyed the land and gave a loud roar. His son had not come home from the Magic Kingdom.
He finally realized that Simba would never return.
As he stared at the land in the twilight of night, he noticed figures in the distance. Man? He sniffed in the air as the figures were upwind. Unfamiliar Man.
Mufasa stood over Pride Rock and gave another bellowing roar. He needed his subjects to come so they could figure out a plan to defend their kingdom. These could be the same Men responsible for what happened to his son. Death was part of the circle of life, but not murder.
“Going somewhere?” a shadowy voice growled behind Mufasa.
Mufasa turned around and saw the owner of the voice. His eyes narrowed.
“I am calling everyone together. We need to protect ourselves. What are you doing here?”
“Making sure that you are protected, your majesty.” The shadowy voice moved closer to Mufasa, “We can’t have our king in any danger.”
Mufasa looked over the land, “No, my life is not worth more than the animals I look over. If something should happen to me…”
Mufasa was suddenly shoved off the side of Pride Rock. His claws quickly gripped the side of the rock, pebbles falling to the ground below. Mufasa looked at the jagged rocks below.
“If something should happen…” the voice looked down on Mufasa, “Tsk tsk, you should be more careful.”
“Please, help me…” Mufasa looked pleadingly into the voice’s eyes.
“Now why would I do a thing like that…” the voice’s claws came down on Mufasa’s paws. Mufasa lost his grip on the rock and tumbled down to the jagged rocks below.
“Long live the king,” the voice sneered and retreated from the ledge. Phase one was now complete. He sniffed the air and caught an unfamiliar scent.
“Man?” the voice’s eyes narrowed.
“Looks like we have more work to do, don’t we?” the voice looked over to his loyal henchmen.
One of them began giggling.
A pair of eyes watched the entire thing take place. Well, he saw the lion standing on the rock, turn around and then get pushed off. He hated when they just stood there. He wanted a chase. He heard voiced coming from the other side so he ducked into the bushes. The animals were beginning to wake up once they had heard the roar. Animals from all over gathered at the site of the body.
He cocked his gun and smiled. Hunting season was now open.
Elsewhere, a woman put down her binoculars. “Pity, that lion would have made a nice rug.”
She turned to her group.
“You know what to do boys. Make me fabulous!”
MSU is dead. He was Mufasa, leader of the animals in the Animal Kingdom.
Day 1 begins now!
35 remain - 18 for a majority
I am tough...but I'm no cookie. -Lana Winters, AHS S2
Funny story, though: Jeremy Irons used to visit the zoo everyday in preparation for voicing Scar in The Lion King. Every day he visited the monkeys and as a result, they grew to love him. Unfortunately, monkey love is full of poo. The worst part, apparently, was that the steel mesh of the cage made the monkey poo scatter and cover him like a gentle April shower.
Villains that I can see:
Scar and Hyenas
Hunter from Tarzan (what was his name?)
sound about right?
Okay, so something we should establish now, because it seems clear.
Animal does not necessarily equal good. That might mean human does not necessarily equal bad/mafia (such as Tarzan, maybe). I'm willing to bet some trackers can find out if a person is an animal or a human, too. So we gotta be careful, I think, of making snap judgments based on Animal/Human status. (But I'll bet most humans are gonna be people we don't want around)