Beaulieu finally reaches Tia. She frantically searches her bags for some fuses and then quickly puts them into his Beaulieu's armour. For a moment his armour powers up, but then the fuses blow.
After seeing Brown blinded by the light flash set off by the AIM Agent, it gave away his position. Agent Brand fired 3 shots, all of them hit their mark and he fell to the ground out of action.
Falcon used the destraction of the Renegade going down to his advantage. He ducked and then lept into the air narrowly avoiding the AIM superagents grasp and retreating to safety trying to shake out the cob webs from the hit he took.
free) Captain America Leadership: 3 (3 Actions)
1) Tia will use support on Beaulieu. Att 6 vs DF15 needs a 9+. Rolls a (3,2)=5 and fails
2) Brand will push and use RCE to range attack the Renegade. Att 9 vs DF15+1(hind)=16 needs a 7+. Rolls a (6,2)=8 and hits. Renegade takes 1+2(RCE)=3 clicks and is Ko'ed
3) Falcon Attempts Breakaway. Rolls a 4 and moves to K22
Free) Renegade uses Outwit, counters RCE on Agent Brown.
Agent-13 continued her close combat battle with the AIM agent. She threw some punches and so did he, they both landed some, but none that were going to take the fight.
Captain America ran back inside the building, and threw his shield at the last remaining AIM Super Agent, hitting her in the chest and deflecting back to his hand.
Finally, Clay attempted to shot the weakened super agent, but she dodge his laser blast at the last moment.
free) Captain America Leadership Roll: 4 (3 Actions)
1) Agent-13 will close combat attack Delta. Att 8 vs DF16 needs a 6+
2) Captain America Running shots to I18. targets both Jessica Drew and Delta. Att 10 Rolls a (6,2)=8 vs Jessica Drew Df17+1(hind)=18 and hits, vs Delta DF=14 and hits. Captain America will put all 3 damage on Jessica Drew. She takes 3 clicks
3) Clay will range attack Jessica Drew. Att 7 vs DF15+1(Hind)=16 needs a 9+. Rolls a (3,2)=5 miss
Captain America saw the AIM Super Agent leap away from Clay and land between Brown and everyone else. "She is trying to make a break for it, take her down now!", yelled Captain America into his S.H.I.E.L.D. comlink. Agent-13 was still engaged with the Aim agent and unable to help, She landed a few quick punches which seemed to hurt the agent, but his armour absorbed most of the blows.
Brown raised her rifle and fired, the rubber stunning rounds hit twice and the Super Agent was staggered. Captain America "Yelled, Where do you think your going? Then ran back out of the building, and threw his shield, it hit her square in the head knocking her unconscious, then deflecting off the S.H.I.E.L.D. Transport ship, and struck the other Aim agent just leaving the building.
Tia continued to search for another fuse and found one. She quickly put it into Beaulieu's fuse center and his armour powered up to full power again.
Free) Captain America Rolls Leadership: 5 (4 Actions)
1) Agent 13 uses Willpower and close combat attacks Delta. Att 8 vs DF 14 needs a 6+. Rolls a (3,4)=7 and hits. Delta takes 2 clicks.
2) Laura Brown uses RCE and range attacks Jessica Drew. Att 9 vs DF 15 needs a 6+. Rolls a (6,3)=9 and hits. Jessica takes 0+2(RCE)=2 Clicks.
3) Captain America pushes and running shots to F22, and range attacks both Jessica Drew and Beta. Att 10+1(Spotter)=11. Rolls and (6,5)=11. Jessic DF 14 hits, Beta DF 15+1(hind)=16 hits. Jessica will takes 2 clicks and is Ko'ed while Beta takes 1 click
4) Tia Will use support on Beaulieu. Att 6 vs 15 needs a 9+. Rolls a (5,5)=10. Support Roll: 5-2=3. Beaulieu is healed back to full.
Clay sees the AIM agent move through some debris. He raises his rifle, and fires, but it back fires and explodes in his hands and arms. Clay quickly drops into the water to cool himself and his burned limbs. Obviously, his gun must have been damage and gotten some water into it from the foutain this cause the backfired, Clay thought to himself.
Brown saw Clay was introuble she quickly fired, but her haste didn't allow for the deflection of the bullet as it passed through the foutain of water, and the shot missed.
Falcon moved next to Tia for some aid.
Free) Captain America Rolls Leadership: 3 (3 Actions)
1) Clay will range attack Agent Beta. Att 7+1(Spotter) =8 vs Df 14+1(hind)=15 needs a 7+. Rolls a (1,1)=2. Critical Miss and takes a click
2) Falcon moves to L21
3) Brown will push and use RCE on Beta. Att 9 vs DF 14+1(hind)=15 needs a 6+. Rolls a (3,1)=4 miss. Brown takes a click for the push.
Agent-13 threw a series of punches and Aim Agent Delta couldn't block them all, several landed and a final right cross to the face took him down. Captain America saw Clay go down, he quickly dashed outside and threw his shield, it deflected off the Aim Agent's head and sent him crashing to the ground unconscious.
Captain America said, "Spread out and collect the downed Aim Agents and look for intel, I'm sure Fury will want to study the super agents, as well as anything else we may find. Tia get over there and check on Clay!"
free) Captain America rolls leadership: 3 (3 Actions)
1) Agent-13 close combats attacks Delta. Att 8 vs DF 12 needs a 4+. Rolls a (6,2)=8 and hits. Delta takes 2 clicks and is Ko'ed
2) Captain America Running shots to F21 and range attacks Beta. Att 10+1(spotter)=11 vs DF 14+1(hind)=15 needs a 4+. Hits, Beta takes 3 clicks and is ko'ed
The last AIM agent dropped, knocked out cold by Captain America's shield ricocheting off a wall and slamming into the back of his head. Steve jogged over to reclaim his weapon and secure the downed agent, when the floor shook under his boots.
"Those are demolition charges going off deeper into the base." came the voice of Agent 13 on Cap's earpiece. "A.I.M. must have rigged it to obliterate any sensitive information if the lab was compromised. I'm surprised it took them this long to set it off."
Cap knelt down to pick up his shield and drag the unconscious agent away from the spreading fires. Further back, the SHIELD agents under his command were already securing the strange superhuman trio in reinforced manacles that SHIELD had developed for detaining mutants. They were rated as class 25 restraints, which should do the trick if they woke up before getting them back to the helicarrier.
Another explosion rocked the building, and the crash that followed it signaled that walls were coming down now. They were lucky the whole building hadn't imploded in on itself.
"Anyone still inside?" Cap asked, his eyes moving from agent to agent.
"Just... Brand." Carter confirmed after a moment. Steve spotted her just outside the building perimeter and met eyes with her. She flashed a quick smile of recognition, though her eyes showed her concern.
"I can't raise her on the comm."
"Right. I'm going in for a sweep." Cap said, all business. Sharon's pretty pearly whites always brought back warm memories of her mother Peggy, but duty was duty and a fellow soldier might need his help. Cap raised his indestructible shield over his head and charged into the burning building.
He found her trapped under a collapsed piece of machinery, a computer of some kind. "Brand, are you alright? Can you move?"
"Yes, I..." Brand stammered, dazed. Was she in shock? Had she been wounded? Captain America hoisted the debris off of her easily, but he doubted he needed his enhanced strength to do so. Why hadn't Brand freed herself?
"I can see the heat." she muttered, though Cap only barely heard her over the growing roar of the spreading fires. What he noticed more was her dilated pupils and rapid breathing. She stretched out her hand in front of her and it looked at it as though she had never seen it before, as if it was some alien appendage that she had never expected to sprout from her shoulder. "What's wrong with me?"
"Brand!" Cap shouted, slapping her on the shoulder and pulling her to her feet. That snapped her out of her fog. All at once she realized where she was, the danger she was in. Cap oriented her towards the exit, giving the collapsing lab one last quick scan for stragglers. "Come on, doubletime it back to the dropship!"
"Falcon, give me a headcount." Cap order as soon as he escorted Brand back to the ship. "Tia, have a look at Brand, she may have inhaled something toxic."
"You're the last, Cap." Falcon answered, having anticipated Steve's question. All the A.I.M. scientists were handcuffed and huddled together on the floor of the aircraft with two SHIELD agents keeping watch over them. Falcon handed Cap a phone linked to the ship's communication system. "Boss wants a sit-rep."
"A.I.M. lab is out of commission. Some light wounds, no casualties." Captain America said into the phone. He heard Fury grunt acknowledgement. The SHIELD director expected nothing less of his elite paramilitary force.
"Our informant said there was potentially valuable A.I.M. secrets in there. Did you manage to recover anything?"
Cap looked out the dropship window at the fire engines pulling up to battle the blaze of the A.I.M. hideout. The fires had already gutted the building's interior, consuming every scrap of data it once held. He turned from the orange heat and faced the trio of mysterious female killers, bound in heavy chains and clamps. Whatever these women were and where ever they had come from, they would have to figure out on their own without the benefit of A.I.M.'s lab notes.