2) When you vote, please do so by saying Vote: [Player] in bold. If you wish to change your vote, please say Change Vote: [Player] instead. Voting for 'No Election' is a valid vote. You cannot vote for yourself. You may leave your vote with another player.
3) Every night you either PM me your target or PM me that you are choosing not to do an action. Some roles REQUIRE you to submit an action or target--so keep that in mind. If you fail to submit an action, you will turn into a bodyguard, and most likely die.
4) You may NOT send a PM to anyone about this game unless your role explicitly says you can. This is cheating.
5) Do NOT edit your posts in this thread. This is cheating.
6) Please do not copy-and-paste anything from any PM I send you to the thread. This is also cheating.
7) Please do not post in this thread after you are killed. This, too, is cheating and can ruin the game if done wrong. Additionally, there are several possible resurrection mechanics that may or may not come in to play.
8) Remember, it's just a game. You will get paranoid, you will be stabbed in the back by someone, you will see somebody do or say something stupid and want to smack them. Just breathe deep and relax. You win some, you lose some.
9) I am planning on a 48 hour to 72 hour cycle: 24 hours for a day phase which should consistently close in the evenings during standard mountain time, 24 hours to get in actions, and 1-12 hours for me to open the thread.
10) gfishfunk's Order of Operations- or "solving paradoxes consistently"
Jailkeep > Guide > Busdrive > Roleblock > Misdirect (including push or hide) > timestamp > all other actions.
This schematic only matters where a conflict would occur. Guide is listed nearly first to indicate that a guided action will pierce anything except jailkeep. Timestamp refers to whoever submitted their actions first.
Example: Jim RB Lolita, Lolita MDs Jim. Jim will succeed.
Example: Jim busdrives Lolita and Shaniquq, Rei busdrives Lolita and Tim. Alfanso attempts to nightkill Lolita. Who will die? It depends on which busdrive happens first. The timestamp on the submitted actions will determine.
If you have questions about how powers would interact, please ask! I want people to be able to submit actions based on how I will actually operate, not based on how they think things would interact.
Every player is a part of a team (color) and a play group (theme).
YOU MAY NOT TEAM CLAIM, nor may you state which team you are NOT a part of; although you may name claim and may player group claim. You may also state something like “I can win with gfishfunk”.
There are no lynches! Instead, every day phase, players may choose to nominate one player to be jailkept for the night. Players may not vote for themselves. The player with the most votes and earliest nominated will be chosen. The thread will never close early, or once a majority is reached.
Failure to Post: if any player has less posts at the end of a day phase by the end of the current day, then that player will be mod killed by the next morning, unless a PM is sent to the mod. I understand that life happens, but you must understand that nonparticipation kills a game.
Failure to Send in Actions: This irks me, but I think I’ve found a way to deal with it. If you fail to send in an action by the end of the 24 hour phase (or before I work on the write-up, if that is later), your character will become a bodyguard for your team/playgroup. You will lose all passive effects, such as nightkill immunity, bulletproofs, PGOs, or Nexus powers (which is not to say that any of these are in the game).
“What is Laser Tag? In the most simple terms, Laser Tag is war. Lazer Tag, however, is a brand name. True story.”
In 1986, the first Photon toys hit the market, nearly simultaneously with the Lazer Tag toys from Worlds of Wonder and several other similar infrared and visible light-based toys. Worlds of Wonder went out of business around 1988, and Photon soon followed in 1989, as the fad of the games wore off. Today there are laser tag arenas all over the world bearing various names and brands, as well as a large variety of consumer equipment for home play and professional grade equipment for outdoor laser tag arenas and businesses.
- From Wikipedia, Laser Tag entry.
The Moderator was not happy. He didn’t have an even number, and the groups that came in seemed extremely lopsided. He decided to split them up entirely, which seemed like the fair thing to do.
“Welcome to Laser Tag, where fun meets the future,” he said in a bored monotone over the PA system. “Play will begin in twenty seconds.”
Inside the warehouse, bleary lights barely revealed the outline of the cardboard structures. Somewhere, a cat could be heard mewing.
No one could really see anyone else. The timer counted down. A dull yellow light lit up in the middle, with the word “GO!!!!” written over the top, with far too many exclamation marks.
Day 1 has begun! You have 48 hours!
gfishfunk is not in the game! He is the moderator! [Moderator / Frickin' Awesome], a benevolant Lazertag employee that is running the game! He cannot be targeted, so don't waste an action.