The way a Secret Santa Gift Exchange works is that you get a random name from those who are participating
and you then get them a gift and mail it so it will reach them by Thursday, December 20.
Let's try and keep this thread for sign-ups only. We have a discussion thread going on right HERE.
*First and foremost, only participate if you are serious.
We have had one or two bad apples over the years and
it ruins the spirit of the Exchange.
This is not a game or a way to earn some free stuff.
Its about the Spirit of the Holiday and coming
together as a community.
We do not need nor want any Scrooges!*
Some rules on this:
1. Post here that you would like to join, and send me a PM with your Name, Address and whether you are ok shipping Internationally or not (US only). If you've added your name here on this thread and still haven't sent me a PM, then you haven't finished signing up.
Your name will then be added to our Confirmed list in the second post. **If you happened to be one of the bad eggs from years past, then you need to provide me with a good reason why you should be able to participate this year**
**In some cases, you may be asked for a contact number. Nothing personal but want to make sure everything runs smoothly**
2. The sign-ups will end on Monday, November 5th, which will give people a little over a whole month to get their gift and send it out. *If you are not going to take this seriously, then please do not join.
This is a great way to get to know our community better and share in the Holiday spirit, please respect it.
3. Some guidelines: Money can be an issue for some, so please try and send a gift valued no more than $20.
You can either buy something, make something, or send extra stuff you may have (please not a box full of commons), but it should be Heroclix related, for the most part.
It has been done in the past where people have sent non-HeroClix things because they knew their Santa recipient would like it, which has been fine.
*This is important...mark the package with HCR Secret Santa somewhere on the package, so everyone knows what their package is when they receive it and don't "accidentally" open it.
If you are shipping to a US location, use Delivery Confirmation and PM me the DC number when you ship. If using UPS or Fedex (or the like), PM me that tracking number.
Outside the US, please record and PM me the Customs Form number.
4. You should not open this gift (going on the trust system with that) until Thursday, December 20th at 8 PM EST, preferably online to share with all of us.
If time zones are an issue, when you can post closest to our goal is more than fine.
5. I will handle all of the addresses and their distribution so that this can remain a secret!
6. Please make sure you mail your package out in a timely fashion! International shipping will require a bit of extra travel time.
Everyone should be able to open their gifts at around the same time!
I would suggest no later than 12/12 (US only), though sooner would probably be better.
If you have an issue with overseas shipping or just don't want to ship overseas, please include that in your PM!
A thought to keep in mind, unless you are doing something custom that you won't be able to ship to them in time, Overseas shipping is relatively easy and broadens your horizons.
7. There will be several threads dedicated to this year's event. Once the threads are up and running, you can access those threads from here:
Huge Auction with figures from IC to ASM. Lots of ASM CURS, various SRs, LEs, Chases, and CUR/REV figures from all sets. Win prizes like AA Chase Batman and Con Exclusives!!! 32 items left in the going phase. Get your bids in before time expires!